I’m just dropping this here so I have something to refer people to when they ask.
This is a simple concept app (copyable), that demonstrates the following techniques:
- Building custom forms for adding and editing list items (as an alternative to the native forms provided by Glide)
- Preventing duplicate new entries using User Specific Columns and Relations
- Enforcing mandatory input items
- The use of visibility conditions and user specific booleans to control user flow
There is nothing particularly advanced here, but it does demonstrate a few concepts that new users sometimes appear to struggle with.
Update 2021-11-16: If you’re wondering what a Custom Form actually is, or when you might want to use one, then please read this:
Update 2021-12-26: Concept app has been updated, to take advantage of some newer features and techniques. Changes include:
- A working table has been added, and is used to prevent duplicates being created on edit (this makes use of the Remove Element from Array plugin)
- Names are trimmed to remove extra white space
- Actions have been “modernised” to keep Save buttons disabled while all required criteria are not met.