Paging and navigation using increment action

With the recently launched increment action, navigation between records becomes much simpler which previously required setting up plenty of relations to move around.

How to do it?

48 Likes

Amazing! thanks for the tutorial @Manan_Mehta

2 Likes

Did the same for my news app, but one tricky thing I faced was that I had some kind of a “featured” news item for it.

When users click into the News button and start navigating, what they see first may not be the “featured” news. I have been thinking for hours how to do this. I change the news item everyday obviously.

5 Likes

@Manan_Mehta Thank you very much for sharing. And it is very easy to set up, I can see. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Nicely done!

1 Like

very helpful!

2 Likes

Neat!

2 Likes

@Manan_Mehta very nice use case. Stellar job!

2 Likes

Very cool tutorial @Manan_Mehta. Well done and thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Here is a suggestion - no need to mess around with latest updates (tab1). But directly under create an inline list of the live updates from a duplicate using arrayformula (tab 2). Use tab 2 for next/previous.

2 Likes

Thinh Dinh latest - Arsenal latest - Man UT latest - Van persie scores - Lockdown Special

Use this for rolling news coverage. I use it when building websites. Glide does not officially support this, but since its for private app…give it ago…it will add some zest to the app!

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions brother, I’ll try. It is a very old app and since it’s working well I’m cautious when making new changes to it.

2 Likes

I like your app.

2 Likes

hey guys. i’m having trouble implementing this.
I followed @Manan_Mehta 's Used Bike’s example exactly.
The +1 works ok
But the -1 fails.
Clicking Next repeatedly does 1,2,3,4,5
Then Clicking Previous repeatedly results in -1,-2,-3, -4. Instead of the expected 5,4,3,2,1

Please help

1 Like

It probably is a bug Tony, I’m having the same problem in my app.

Hi @Mark this is another bug we experienced today. Highly appreciate your time taking a look.

1 Like

Just checked my app and I am facing the same problem. Both the Next and Previous buttons are behaving independently and not on the same value.

1 Like

@Tony Could you share your app, please?

@Mark, https://tonyprojects.glideapp.io/
see the “Projects” tab

This will be fixed later today. Thank you for reporting it!

3 Likes

Hey @Mark ,

Is this also related to Action Text not incrementing when clicked? (I’m displaying a number column data in the action text, and for “action” I’m having it increment itself.)