How to increment a number counter field?

I want to make a button (or anything) where upon tap/click, the number column will be incremented by 1.

How do I do this? Link action which trigger a formula?

2 Likes

Hi there, we don’t have a native way of doing this in Glide at the moment. However we are going to create a number stepper soon which would allow you to do this very easily.

6 Likes

Thanks Jack! The lazy me will wait. When’s the planned release in the roadmap?

Haha, sure. Hard to say, unfortunately. But we’re keen on it so not far off.

1 Like

What’s the use case for this scenario?

3 Likes

Check-ins, Likes, Etc.

1 Like

That’s how I feel about most items on our wishlist! :wink:

4 Likes

I have a working spreadsheet + app scripts version here

But I haven’t tried to hammer it into an app yet…

1 Like

Hi, Has a number stepper been added to Glide yet?

No, not a native built in one. You’re best option right now would be to create a button with a Zapier action. Let zapier write a new row to the sheet, then use a rollup column to count the number of rows. Not a great solution and it would have lag.

I am also in need of the number stepper for my app…please let me know when it is available

Hey @JackVaughan,

Is this feature released yet? This would be very helpful way to decrement an “inventory” qty down, but I’m sure there are many other applications. The Zapier “work-around” seems clunky and cumbersome.

@Bamr I don’t know if you would want a button just to decrement an inventory item. You could simply create a relation column to link to your purchased items, a rollup column to count the number of purchased items, and a math column to subtract that rollup value from a starting inventory.

2 Likes

@Bamr, not yet. But Rob & Jeff both provide some options.

Thanks for the feedback. Rob’s work around is clever and would work but would be overkill for such a simple calculation.

I actually found another App service calls AppSheet that has exactly what I was looking for, and a bunch more.

I think we have the winner now!!!
The new action called Increment within Action Text´s features makes this posible!

I´m watching you Glide!! :face_with_monocle:

Saludos

Yep…you can use this as a (mathmatical) reset button as well!

1 Like

I could use this for a score card I have for my classroom. Each time they mine an asteroid they earn 500XP.