Increment Action?!

Regarding ratings (based on stars, to be exact).

I have used this formula for a long time to rate the news sources.

This uses the REPT function, which replicates a value X amount of times.

Instead of using the choice component to store ratings like you had to do back in the days, now you can use the REPT function combine with this increase/decrease feature.

Documentation of REPT function: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3094134?hl=en

1 Like

Perhaps!?

3 Likes

I’ve to move to another no code tool regarding other constraints that can’t be answered and can’t wait anymore, but that would have helped yep!

1 Like

Super easy add points:

Reddit but created in glide!
Does it work in conjunction whit the progress bar?

Check this out:

:scream: Reset button!

17 Likes

:clap: very clever, @Robert_Petitto!

4 Likes

this looks awesome, I’ve been waiting for a way to allow users to upvote / downvote items.

Is there a way of limiting users to only upvoting/downvoting once, rather than constantly incrementing?

1 Like

Not yet. It’s a little bit nerve-racking to make this feature live because users can increment infinitely without any record or ledger.

1 Like

Could we make a 2 tile inline with +1 and -1?

1 Like

Now we need to be able to put two buttons next to each other!

1 Like

That might work!

Ideas of use cases:

• Number of articles to add to cart.
  • Number of people in the group: for tickets, for a booking.
  • Number of days for a stay.
  • Number of votes on a piece of content: likes, dislikes, upvotes, downvotes, hearts, claps, stars, … (good one @ThinhDinh).
  • Actions’ counter: habits, sales won, games won, …
6 Likes

For French speakers, a guide to create a simple counter with this “increment” actions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADb5-i1iDw

The “reset” approach of @Robert_Petitto should be added to it

In that case, couldn’t we put a visibility condition on the button? when reaching a certain number restrict visibility?

How do you set that limit though? Let’s say I have a post in the community here, I can just upvote myself 100 times. If you stop people from voting at 100, for example, it does not make sense in my opinion.

1 Like

Only if the value of that column should never go higher than a certain amount. But in the case of likes or points you don’t want to put a limit on the maximum allowed. You just want to put a limit on the number of times it can be incremented by a single user.

1 Like

I also noticed that you can’t include an increment action component with in the edit tab or a form. I assume that’s because nothing gets written to the sheet yet but it would be awfully nice to include it somehow. I’m thinking of restaurants or inventory about adding quantity of items before submitting a form.

1 Like

Just an idea, Robert, I have seen some bots on Reddit that automatically delete their comments if the points reach below zero. Potentially a use case for a forum app when we can control the votes done by each user.

Have you guys tried upvoting from different devices?

Only votes from my builder are being recorded, and the upvotes from apps on phone/desktop are ignored.

App: https://substackgems.glideapp.io/