đź’Ž Create a Membership App using Payhere

Updated 2023

The most efficient way to enable user subscriptions and accept payments using Payhere (Stripe) and Glide Call API columns.

View this post:

Original Post (Previous Methods)

Looking to add membership to your app by allowing your users to subscribe to premium content?

1. Use Payhere to create premium membership subscription links and display them in your app.
  2. Afterwards, use Make to automate the subscriptions of your app users to gate premium content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Yd6EbESjc

EDIT:
The tutorial above uses older logic and automations. For an updated and more flexible solution (including multitiered subscription plans), check out this post:
đź’Ž Create a Membership App using Payhere - #79 by Robert_Petitto

35 Likes

Thanks!!

Great work again @Robert_Petitto !

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks

1 Like

Instead of PayHere can we connect it with square?

If square is embeddable in Glide…haven’t tried.

What do you mean by embeddable?

Being able to be viewed in a web view component.

Square is embeddable. I just don’t know how to connect it correctly
@Robert_Petitto

@Robert_Petitto Thank you for this tutorial this is certainly very helpful to me, one question that I have is what should I do if my app is not using the users real email address, can I just use their glide made me, or should I switch my app to real emails?

You’ll need to use their real email addresses or as for their real email address and use that value in the Payhere link/relations

1 Like

Hola @Robert_Petitto

Wouldn’t passing the anonymous email as a hidden value through payhere work for this? Then create the relation with that email.

Just a thought.

3 Likes

Hm. Ya, I guess thay works too!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Amazing tutorial!

Just wondering - if I want to introduce several payment plans to the app (like a 3-month subscription, or a 6-month one) for users to choose from, should I make a separate sheet with the links? Or just add all the links to the “Users” sheet and then add “Buy X-month subscription” buttons to the screen, with the relevant link attached to them? And would I need to create a different Integromat scenario for each? Thanks in advance!

Hi Kate!

A couple ways to approach this…

I typically do the second option: multiple links in the user profile sheet with multiple buttons. You don’t need a separate Integromat scenario…the one should take care of it…just make sure you’re using the same Integromat webhook URL in the various payment links.

3 Likes

This tutorial blew my mind! Why have I not seen this yet??? :exploding_head:

First of all, thanks for making this! It’s just what a client was recently asking for!

Second, do you know if there is a way for people/“users” to manage their subscriptions once they’ve paid via PayHere links?

I see PayHere provides a “storefront”…but how do users access it?

Also, if a user upgraded or downgraded their subscription level, does this same scenario change their status inside the Google sheet, after they change it in their storefront (assuming this is how it works)…?

Thanks - sorry for the million questions! This tutorial just made my day!

Thanks again Bob!!!

I’m happy you enjoyed the tutorial. For customers to manage their subscriptions, they have to visit Payhere

This link is provided to them when they first sign up and in every following email during their monthly subscription.

I had another client ask the same question about customers changing to a different tier within your subscription. Currently, you have to build out each tear as its own link, and links don’t talk to each other, so in theory, customers would have to cancel their existing subscription and then subscribe using a different link.

I’ve asked payhere about offering a tiered functionality within a singular payment link to address this issue, but I haven’t seen it yet on the roadmap.

2 Likes

Awesome, makes sense! So maybe attach an email-myself gmail module at the end of that Integromat scenario notifying me of any client tier changes!

Thanks for the clarification/insight! :pray:t2:

That would be very handy. At the moment what I do is just allow them to “upgrade” or “downgrade” to different tiers, then cancel the old one for them using PayHere’s API.

Just found a way to do a combo TIERED subscription and/or PAY-AS-YOU-GO plans using a SINGLE Payhere link and Integromat.

Use case:

• Users can select one of four ( 4 ) monthly paid plans (all using the SAME payhere link)
  • Two ( 2 ) of those plans give users in-app credits to spend
  • Users can also make a one-time purchase for three ( 3 ) credits (this is a second payhere link)

My scenario looks like this:

I’ll try to create a video within the week!

Stay tuned…

9 Likes