šŸ’Ž Create a Membership App using Payhere

Ah, sweet sweet Glide APIā€¦

1 Like

This is so awesome now that the API is available! :fire:

One question in regards to Payhere: if someone signs up to a subscription via a Payhere link or your storefront - would you (store owner) have to pay that 3% Payhere Fee EVERY MONTH your subscriber is charged for their subscription to your app/content/etc.?

Thanks! :pray:t2:

Probably, yes. Donā€™t know when they increased to 3% though :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah I know, right?ā€¦thatā€™s why I asked/wonderedā€¦because thatā€™s 5.9% total (stripe 2.9% + their 3%) plus an additional $0.30 from Stripeā€¦

ā€¦however, the branded and clean checkout page as well as the Advanced Settings: Webhook option pretty-well makes it worth it haha

Is there an advantage over the standard Stripe payment link?

Maybe Iā€™m missing something.

Stripe payment links canā€™t be embedded in Glideā€¦so leveraging the standard stripe links means users would be taken outside of the app to pay (poor UX). Likewise, I donā€™t believe Stripe payment links can be created dynamically like Payhere links.

Alright, after a few tests, I see what you mean! You cannot set predefined fields with the Stripe standard payment like. I also tried https://priceblocs.com/ (0% transaction fees?) but it doesnā€™t seem to work within the Web view.

The frame attempting navigation of the top-level window is sandboxed, but the flag of 'allow-top-navigation' or 'allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation' is not set.

Failed to set the 'href' property on 'Location': The current window does not have permission to navigate the target frame to

Sad.

Exactly. Iā€™ve tried several different platforms and payhere provides the best overall user experience.

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto this is amazing. Have you shared the video somewhere? I have your Glide API video queued up next!

@ThinhDinh Iā€™m looking at the API docs and all I see is GET and DELETE. What are you using to switch subscription tiers?

thanks for the reminderā€” I had started one and then scrapped it because I kept getting interrupted. Iā€™ll try to post one soon.

4 Likes

When a new subscription is made, I check if the user has an existing subscription, cancel the old one and refund the user their pro-rata amount of the old subscription.

Waiting the video :popcorn::sunglasses::cup_with_straw:

1 Like

Ah understood. So if someone contacts you to upgrade/downgrade you just tell them to purchase the one they want and then youā€™ll process the cancelation and refund of the existing one? You donā€™t have this done automatically through integromat do you?

I had that process done automatically through Integromat. They donā€™t have to contact me.

2 Likes

As soon as I hit send I knew I was wrong and of course youā€™d have it automated! That refund option is awesome. Should be easy enough to have a math column figure out the prorated amount. You guys are incredible.

1 Like

Yes, indeed it is! You just have to pass the right thing through the webhook to drive that process.

1 Like

Hi how do i save this video?

My YouTube video?

Excellent,

May i ask how to implemet that scenario with buying a a certain number of users to use your app?

I donā€™t follow. You only want a few users to use the app? Youā€™ll have to upgrade to pro and enable whitelist. Once those users login, then you can get further content using Payhere