Cloudinary as image store for uploaded images
The app is copyable
The app is using my personal Cloudinary account - so please keep uploads in the app low - and use your own Cloudinary account if you are going to do exploration of cloudinary
Glide has an image upload functionality where the images are uploaded to Glide. Unfortunatly, these images are out of control from us as app developers. This means that we cannot delete the images by ourselves. We will need this due to GDPR regulations.
Let the user upload images from within Glide and store it outside Glide
Use Cloudinary as the store for the images
Every image is linked to a company - and therefore named accordingly.
The user can upload as many images to the company as he wants
Use of the app
- Create a new company (in the Company tab)
- Select the company to which the images must be added (in Upload images to company tab)
- Click the button to add images to the company - and see which has already been added
- Click Upload an images
- Click the button Select file to upload - this id done inside a webview (The webview is refering to an external html page)
- Select the place where the image resides (locally, facebook etc)
- Select the image
- Click Send in upper right corner
The image is now added.
The process is a bit cumbersome compared to the process by using Glides build-in image upload.
There are a number of advantages doing it in this way
- Ability to control your own images (including deleting them)
- Ability to upload images from Google drive, Facebook, Instagram etc
- Ability to do pre-processing of the image before it is stored. I have cartoonified the image, optimized the size, rounded the image cornes, stored the images as jpg. More can be done.
- The companies to which the images are to be assigned must be created before images are uploaded. This is due to the fact that the images must be linked to the companies. This cannot be done in one process (I don’t think so - if somebody can do it - that would be great)
- A webpage is created outside Glide to get the Cloudinary upload functionality available inside Glide by use of Open webview action on a button.
- The webpage is fed with the name of the image to be created in Cloudinary (like https://website/htmlpage?imageid=Image-mhEQ5+g8QXG3Yhk09Zv9aA-4). The upload is therefore independent of the original filename.
- A rollup column is used to determine how many images that already have been uploaded for the company - and thereafter “add one” to the file name for the new image.
- Added an inactive column in images so images can be made inactive in the google sheet and deleted in Cloudinary
- Do a signed upload as the unsigned upload is not really perfect. *Glide programmers - can you do it? More description here: https://cloudinary.com/documentation/upload_widget#signed_uploads
- Upload multiple images at one time - can it be done? Cloudinary widget allows for that - but how to implement it?
Upload presents from within Cloudinary