Here is what I am trying to accomplish, with partial, but not complete success.
- Upload an image (usually square and meant for Instagram)
- Use that image and Cloudinary transformations to create 7 different versions of the graphic for a variety of social media sites.
- Preview the transformed images in the app so the artist can review.
- Text input for client to add caption text to be uploaded with image.
- Choose date for the post, or leave blank to post now.
- Allow editing of trending hashtags loaded in a company profile.
- Preview the images and text entered one last time.
- Click a button to either fire off a Zap, or Submit link to submit data.
- Have screen refresh after Zap button or Submit link is clicked to go back to the Home screen to create another post.
So… This is kind of a mess. I have been able to accomplish all of the above in a variety of methods, but I can’t seem to put it all together. Each strategy I try to employ doesn’t allow some portion of the above to happen seemlessless (as far as I know).
First I tried to just use a form, but I had an issue gaining access to the image uploaded via the image picker, and using that URL to create the variations in Cloudinary.
Second, I started again and used the image picker to upload to the user table, from there I was able to trigger the cloudinary transformation and preview the different sized images. Then I would use a button to open the a form and use the form to import the text, keywords and hashtags for the social media posts. But when “Submit” was clicked I was able to get all the user data inputed and form fields saved to a GS, but the app only refreshes back to the screen where the file picker and client choice to the user table are entered. I can’t get it to refresh back to the home screen. (I’m guessing I could use some filtering to make it go all the way to the home screen?)
Third, I tried to just use the form into a table, where I was hoping to have the best of both worlds. Being able to access the “suspended” data to create image transformations based on client and social media platform, but also be able to submit the form and have it refresh all the way back to the home screen to start another post. The problem here was there was no easy way to get all the data entered from the table to a GS. And I noticed there weren’t the hidden values in the table either, which are really helpful.
I know there must be a best practice to doing this the right way, I’m just not well-versed, or frankly smart enough to figure it out. Any advice would be warmly apprecaited.
I am sorry for such a long post.