We’re back to our regularly scheduled community updates. There’s a lot to cover this week as we catch up on what’s been a very busy January!
Let’s dive in:
We’ll let you know soon about any further changes.
In the meantime, we’re still talking to users, gathering feedback, and following the conversations here.
Reminder: There are no changes to legacy plans.
Winners will be announced next week!
- 3 winners will get Glide merch and $100 in Glide credit
- 10 additional winners will get $100 in Glide credit
- All winners will be showcased on the Glide community and social
Thanks for all your contributions to the forum.
Recapping what we’ve shipped over the last two weeks…
New features and improvements
- You can import Google Sheets directly to Glide Tables via the Data editor
- Glide Big Tables now supports math column in rollups
- Glide Big Tables now supports rollups over if-then-else columns
Actions & Integrations
- Added the ability to duplicate your custom action steps
- You can view run logs from your custom action sequences without opting in
- A bunch of Glide AI improvements - it’s 8x more powerful!
- Supports 4x more text input and output
- Has more recent world knowledge
- Text to Boolean, Text to Number, and Text to Choice are more accurate
- Generate Text has access to a High Power model with 32x more text capacity
- Text to JSON lets you extract structured JSON from text
- A warning shows in the Data Editor next to Airtable sources connected via API key
- A warning shows if you attempt to reauthorize a linked Airtable source that results in duplicate tables being added to your app
- Cloudflare is now our recommended registrar for custom domains
- Bar Code Scanner consumption reduced to 5 updates
- Added a new hidden spacer as a Separator component
- Hungarian language to Glide
Fixes and updates
- sendEmailAction will be logged if it returns an error
- Glide Big Tables now supports date-times and JSON in “Joined List”
- Fixed a bug where some published apps were not calculated correctly
- You can now delete data associated with a specific app user in Glide Big Tables
- You can now copy text to clipboard from pages embedded via the Web Embed component
- Fixed a bug that doesn’t allow selecting a multi-relation in the “delete row” action
- Added translations for “Write Something”, “Done”, and “Clear All” on filters and comments
- Fixed an issue where users could not generate a support link
- The checklist component now adapts to dark backgrounds
- You can now disable high contrast
- Fixed an issue where the end date calculation was off by one day
- The “add to home screen” popup now appears correctly on iOS
- Fixed the usage cycles computation so more accurate usage is displayed
- Enterprise clients cannot delete their teams
Fresh from the Glide blog:
- Everything you need to know about the Glide Experts program
- Building a knowledge management system with Glide
- Building an interactive kiosk app with Glide + Hexnode
- Why Glide is a perfect Retool alternative for internal business software
- Behind the scenes with Glide Data Grid
From the forums:
- @Manan_Mehta built an app for managing bookmarks with AI
- @Collin_Stedham shared how to embed a chatbot assistant in your app
- @Nansou created Glide apps for managing their team’s transportation
- @Ahmad_Taleb shared a hacky way to transpose data into rows
- @Simon_Hill used Glide AI for analyzing meals
Special shoutout to @Robert_Petitto for the new resources:
- Hacking the form Submit button with CSS
- Populating a form by scanning a QR code
- Duplicating actions within the Actions editor
Have a hot tip of your own to share? Drop it in the Community Resources category.
That’s it for this week. Glide on!