Keyboard NOT coming up on iOS

I just 'demo’d my Glide App and everyplace you could add text brought up a ‘blank’ keyboard. Not a great demo.

Keyboard works in Twitter and iMessage so its not the iPhone.

See screen shot. Also, everything works in the developer…just not on the iPhone.

I’ve had this happen to me in the past and it was due to a visibility condition not being met. Mine was based on “is signed-in user.” Do you have any conditions assigned to the text entry component?

I do not have visibility or row owner issues.

The app ‘brings up’ an empty keyboard. It’s like there are no keys n the space where the keyboard should be. There is the ‘up’ and ‘down’ chevrons on the left and the “Done” on the right. Just no keys.

I reverified that it works in the dev environment running MacOS. I have demo it before without issue.

I rebooted my phone and the empty keyboard screen works correctly.

I tested the keyboard on multiple apps and only Glide showed the “empty” keyboard. Just before this happened I got the Glide “white screen of death” and closed the app and rebooted it. At this point the keyboard did not properly within Glide but did work with all other iPhone apps.

This is a well known iOS bug that’s been around for quite some time. It’s not isolated to glide apps. It seems there is some kind of bug in iOS.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253434178

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.