Login screen broken on iphone

What we know so far:

1. This happens in Safari only, iOS only
  2. Version of iOS is 15.1.1 or higher
  3. This is a bug with the iOS and not Glide

Who knows when Apple is going to fix this, so I would like to urge the Glide team to figure out a temp solution for this, other wise all the apps with login are deemed useless since Safari is the default browser. @SantiagoPerez

1 Like

Yes, it’s really weird. Last night I tried opening one app and couldn’t reproduce it again if the tinting button was shifted.
But that situation can only happen if I open two applications at the same time as if moving the keyboard from which the application will appear (happens for all entries).
This may be just an approach to detecting the source of the problem, not a solution. Even I had time to get the appearance of the keyboard without the Done button also cannot be reproduced again.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your efforts. It did give me a good direction to investigate!

1 Like

I’ve just updated to iOS 15.3 and the white strip at the top is still present. @SuperMerabh I haven’t seen the keyboard disappear yet but it’s only been a few hrs of testing. I will keep you informed.

1 Like

Really appreciate your help!

1 Like

Guys i really think it’s an issue with iPhone as i was using Whatsapp and the keyboard randomly disappeared. So it’s definitely not just an issue with Glide. I’ve updated iOS to 15.3 and i still get disappearing keyboard here and there.

Regarding the white strip at the top, this has happened to me many times over the last year and a half or so but usually only when i have created an app with match device theme switched on then the issue would arise when i switched match device theme off (or vice versa) Most times it’s easily fixed when you delete app off home screen and resave app to home screen. Empty cache/history helped at times or toggle your day/night theme on phone settings.

But i have noticed lately that the white strip is becoming more of an issue and is not as easily fixed using those methods.

3 Likes

Following this thread. My apps have the white bar happening too. I’ve tried all the suggested fixes.

iOS 15.2.1
iPhone XR

1 Like

I also agree with someone who posted here previously, this is seems have come up around the same time as they introduced the new safari bottom Tab Bar (ability to have the search/address bar attached to the bottom of the browser window for iPhone)

This has prolly resulted in the calibration being off - which could be causing both issues of disappearing keyboard and white strip up top for Glide Apps

2 Likes

Why can this theme cover the white stripe ??? :thinking:

1 Like

As more and more users are updating to the latest iOS I am getting increased number of reports where keyboards are disappearing and white strips at top of screen.

These bugs seriously deserve more attention, @david.

1 Like

I don’t think more attention from me will help, unfortunately – this is an iOS regression and beyond our control. We’ll take another look, but this is usually something we cannot influence.

2 Likes

We’ve learned from Apple bug reports that this happens when your keyboard crashes.

Are these third-party keyboards?

I’ve experienced the behaviour, and I don’t use any external/3rd party keyboards.

1 Like

Unfortunately it looks like Apple just does not answer when developers ask about this: ios 14 keyboard not appearing | Apple Developer Forums

3 Likes

Interesting discussion in the Apple Forum regarding reduce motion. I’ve never used third party keyboards and I’ve also never @‘d you David but this one seems serious.

Thank you for taking another look and for sharing your knowledge.

Guys, just a quick note, i myself haven’t noticed the disappearing keyboard in a while now. I thought that was maybe already fixed?

Some consistencies with the white strip up top - when i fully open the app in day mode first and then switch over to night mode, the white screen issue isn’t a problem (no matter whether its daytime or night time)

I’m sure this will be resolved soon.

2 Likes

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.