Google Sheet does not match data view in Glide

It isn’t :

Just asking that based on the “Editing is temporarily unavailable” message. It’s a Sheet problem and I highly doubt that has anything to do with Glide.

Looks like you have a lot of browser extensions. I wonder if some of those are interfering. You could also try incognito mode or another browser to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Just realized the number of extensions I have is out of this world.

1 Like

Can you still contact support? I see a message to only do so if its account or billing related.

Not sure, actually I have never contacted support, just redirected to the official page because this seems not a problem that users can easily fix without viewing the inner settings.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your answer.
I ended up sharing the spreadsheet with a link as editor, and opened it in incognito.
I could edit an older version of the spreadsheet, and this time the sync worked with Glide.
So it looks like the version in my account is out of sync and that’s why the data didn’t match.
I still need to find out how to revert to the latest synced version in my account, but that’s a Google drive issue, not a Glide’s one.

I’m still wondering if the connection with Glide didn’t lead to this syncing issue since that’s the first it happened to me. It maybe worth investigation if you receive more reports.

Thanks again!

I’m really not sure what could be the problem. Might be a question to ask on a google forum. My only guess is that you have an extension or firewall blocking the syncing of your local copy of the sheet to the Google servers. I’ve never experienced anything like that, so I’m not sure. You could try duplicating your app with and without the same sheet. Also try duplicating your sheet and setting your copied app to point to that new sheet. Otherwise, I’m just not sure. Worst case you may have to manually copy data to a new sheet and switch your app over to that new sheet.

1 Like

I’m having similar issue. Google sheets have 3 items while Glide data has 8. The first 3 items actually syncs properly, but the extra 5 items in Glide just wouldn’t budge.

Scroll down to the bottom of the sheet.

2 Likes

Also found a tutorial

1 Like