šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st

Thanks for bringing this into the main thread, Thinh!

Hey, Adria! The Barcode Scanner component is available on the Pro and Business team plans. They will not have any limits of scans per project. Instead, they will be counted in your Updates quota since scanning a barcode will result in an Edit or an Add

We also have an Enterprise-grade barcode scanner for more advanced scanning use cases, such as scanning a high volume of items in a short period of time or scanning QR codes. You can reach out to Support to get in touch about pricing

If you donā€™t need these features, the Barcode Scanner component should be sufficient!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the explaination!

1 Like

You can see the logic in our March 2019 debut presentation that I shared before :wink:

So the current scanning feature (non-enterprise) just scans code 128?
Can you share any doc about which codes are available and which plan is required? @DJP
Btw, I also asked this before:

Barcode scanner documentation

Yes, all quotas listed on the Pricing Page are per team excluding Rows per Project

The Map Pin quota is not listed on the Pricing Page and is on a per-project basis. We will work on making the Map Pings quota more visible in the Builder

2 Likes

Looks like this has been fixed. Just checked it and it works now :+1:

1 Like

Updates Need Increasing ASAP
Ater testing the new Starter Plan its almost impossible to use with Google Sheets or any other outside program, within 4 days we had already used a quarter of available updates with 280+ being just syncs.

If you had even two users operating on an app and editing records once or twice a day you quickly blow through the whole teamā€™s limits.

We used boolean fields as a checklist on multiple daily orders, and now 20 items on that list are 20 updates gone

This is just a basic internal pages appā€¦

To operate a basic pages app new plans only provide community support takes down the 25000-row limit to 5000 per app and unlimited updates to 2500 adds edits and newly counted syncs and if we want to get back some of the above we need to increase from $32 a month to $99 a month or $10 a month for 1000 more updates.

2500 updates a month per app or 5000 per team would be a good start
Sadly if not thereā€™s no future in building any team-based apps on the platform as for the $ 99-month outlay or $249 outlay you could purchase and set up your own hosting, systems and backend using a tool like budibase which would allow users unlimited updates or edits to software.

3 Likes

Will send you a DM to look further into your use case

Bumping this post on soft enforcement of Updates in case you havenā€™t seen it yet: šŸ†• All-New Team Plans Coming Thursday, April 21st - #296 by DJP

My account was just approved for Non-Profit status. Thanks so much for offering that as an option!

I currently have several Teams that I have pro apps in, but they should all fall under my new Non-Profit team. However, when I try to transfer my apps, it says ā€œAn app thatā€™s already in a team cannot be transferred to a team.ā€ Is there a way to get those apps transferred?

Iā€™m in the same boat. Currently only my free apps can be transferred properly to the new team. Iā€™d suggest downgrading your Pro apps and then try transferring them. I plan on doing the same tomorrow, so hopefully it works!

1 Like

That appeared to work. Thanks! Now, I just need to figure out if I can be refunded partially since I paid for a full year. Iā€™ve emailed support about that.

I previously used Teams as the way that I was managing projects to keep them organized. Now that all of my apps will be under one Team, is there any way to organize the apps (other than starring some)? I will have a lot of apps (currently 57) and it gets cluttered and hard to find specific ones.

All of the templates being displayed below makes it even more cluttered; itā€™d be great to have the option to hide those.

1 Like

Sorry @david , donā€™t mean to be disrespectful but thatā€™s a silly answer.

Glide would do well to listen more carefully to some of the comments of his faithful community members and have humility to recognize some obvious flaws and inconsistencies.

1 Like

I didnā€™t see any answer to this post and itā€™s something that I was wondering too. What is going to happen to those who are already paying for ā€œBasicā€ apps when those are moved under teams?

I too have an app that is only a passion project. Itā€™s making zero money, so paying $300/year would suck :-/ My limitation is 500 rows on a free plan. Could additional rows be purchased at lower pricepoint?

As much as I appreciate Glide, this update seems to cater more to a corporate and/or professional customer, rather than bootstrappers like myself =( Sad, sad, sad. I guess itā€™s time to start considering the alternatives :thinking:

2 Likes

I was responding to someone who said Free had too much relative to Starter. We dig pretty deep to give a lot away on Free compared to competitors. For example, Adalo gives you 50 rows where we give 500. Softr doesnā€™t let you edit Airtable records until you pay $65/mo, which we allow on our free plan. When we have the most generous Free plan Iā€™ve seen, and our first paid plan is just $25, the most significant response to ā€œthe first paid plan doesnā€™t have proportionally more than the free planā€ is to point out how much we give on the free plan. Our Free plan could be so much more limited: 100 rows, one app only, only public apps, Glide Tables only. We have a huge Free plan, frankly. If our Free plan were more similar to competitors, Starter would look like a much better value. I donā€™t think this should count against us!

5 Likes

Yeah! I agree with you that generous free plans are great to become a standard. Airtable is a good example of this. Anyway I think the complaints about updates quota ratios are pretty reasonable. Nobody is asking about lower free quotas but better for paid ones and it sounds fair. :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, it is very generous, and it could be much worse, but itā€™s not very flexible. By only allowing overheads on updates (not rows), youā€™re cutting many bootstrappers out there. All I want is to be able to purchase extra rows in 1k increments for a reasonable price =)

Itā€™s great that Glide gets a lot of traction with corporate customers and Experts who can justify $25+/mo. This feels like a cutoff for those of us who are pure enthusiasts.

Again, in comparison:

• Thunkable doesnā€™t limit rows but storage. I will probably be able to get away with their free plan completely. And thereā€™s a benefit of potentially taking the app straight to the App store should I choose to do so in the future, which is pretty attractive. I havenā€™t used it in a while, and there were reasons I preferred Glide, but they seem to be making changes. Something to look into.
  • Bravo seems like a new kid in town, and Iā€™m excited to give them a try. Again, no restrictions on rows. Granted, I havenā€™t used it, and it could be terrible, so weā€™ll find out. Again, I doubt Iā€™ll need more than their free plan in the near future, but even their next tier is cheaper than Glide and offers some interesting benefits (design in Figma and go straight to the native app? If it works as promised, itā€™ll be huge for me).

Also, why not distinguish between Team and Individual pricing? I doubt Iā€™ll ever have a team to work on, and Iā€™m only really looking at one app + a handful of prototypes at a time, so most of the Starter upgrades are useless for me. Iā€™d love to continue to be a paying customer, but there needs to be more flexibility.

3 Likes

That ā€œjust $25ā€ tells me Glide still needs to do some work in terms of penetrating the emerging markets e.g. Brazil, India and the whole of Africa which could very well represent future growth possibilities for Glide. What I mean by that is $25 is a lot of money in these parts of the world and not ā€œa just amountā€.

I see you still use the rows or storage as the measure of value in what the competitors offer compared to Glide but again i will go back to my initial stanceā€¦
In the main, very few people dispute that the plans are great in terms of other features but the limiting factor is the updates.

My suggestion if I had the ear of the CEO of Glide or the decision makers, it would be to:

1. Scrutinize feature requests closely as there is a couple of requests that could help improve use of updates e.g. a better filtering (In App) feature so that the user does not have to change data to have the required set of information displayed.

2. Expedite the discussion/decision on the USC edits not being counted

3. Allow permissions within teams so that individuals can form groups or teams and share the resources of a team and split the cost of that particular team. Also have a way to track usage of resources within those teams (If possible). This would make the cost issue less of an issue as teams can then share the cost while also having full control of their respective projects and who can have what rightsā€¦

4. Bring the rows to updates ratio to parity at a minimum for both Starter and Proā€¦
    That would mean Starter would now have 5000 updates(team) for 5000 rows(per project) and Pro would have 25000 updates (team) for 25 000 rowsā€¦

I must admit I donā€™t know what impact these would have on your cost structure but I know it would improve the morale amongst your user base thus leading possibly to more leadsā€¦

These are just some of the suggestions I can think of right now but if something else comes up, I will make sure to share themā€¦

Just for the record, I love Glide and I wonā€™t be moving to another platform just because of these plans, I will strive from the inside to make it work. I have already invested too much of my time in this tool so letā€™s work together to get things right @david :wink:

4 Likes

Lovely thoughts!

I definitely assumed ā€œbillion new software developersā€ was targeting the general populace when I first encountered Glideā€¦ but Iā€™m just pro STEM and donā€™t tend to look at things from a profit perspective, personally. (for better or worse)

I totally get that a company wants to grow & be profitable, and if I had discovered Glide today I wouldnā€™t expect their plans to cater to my usage ideas. I just hope that they will be thoughtful of the people who invested a lot of time & effort into developing something under the rules that were laid out for them at that time (especially individual non-commercial users) and while it would be super to have options like $5 row-boosts return Iā€™d be happy to just have them address users like me on a case-by-case basis once it comes time to migrate.

Iā€™ve had less sweeping changes affect me in the past and Glideā€™s customer support team was able to help me keep my app running - so I have some faith they will continue to be thoughtful to the existing Glide developers that fall outside their targets :pray:t2:

Also want to point out that while my app will never be profitable I do try to bring paying customers in to Glide - I have recommended it countless times, and sometimes itā€™s because someone who has seen my app wants to know how it was made. I canā€™t imagine Iā€™m alone in that experience, so in that way I do think that any free app has the potential to evolve into commerce!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s an excellent point! Iā€™m a designer at a startup and I can see us using Glide in the future for prototyping just because Iā€™m very proficient with it.

3 Likes