šŸ¤‘ Sell your apps in the Template Store

Hi everyone.

If your submission is rejected, will Glide notify us too?

Got a maybe silly question but whatā€™s the markup Glide is taking on sells on the template store?
Iā€™m considering my option regarding selling the ā€œcopy this templateā€ link or putting it in the marketplace.

Glide takes 30% of template costs when bought through the Template Store.

2 Likes

Just wanted to check, how would we know if someone buys the template? Do we receive any email or we can only know from Stripe Dashboard?

You will need to look at Stripe.

1 Like

Thanks

Iā€™d like to sell an app, but when I press ā€œTemplateā€, nothing comes out. What should I do?

Did you copy that app from a store template?

1 Like

Yes! I copied it and made it based on it.

We will add a note that you cannot submit templates based on templates! Sorry.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Lol, it took that long huh?

When you sell a template, does the purchaser have to have a glide account? or can they just start using the app on their phoneā€¦ do they create their own google sheet? I am still trying to navigate it. I have 2 apps one is readdy to go the other I need more umpf to it, as it were.

And if you sell a template and want to upgrade it, does the person who purchased it get the upgradeā€¦?

I may just not be thinkng correctly about what that process isā€¦

If someone purchases a template, it gets added to their Glide account (if they havenā€™t signed in before, theyā€™ll be asked to sign in with their Google account). This is necessary as most template are just that ā€” templates that people use as the basis for their own apps (add their branding and other customizations to the template).

If you make changes to the app you submitted as a template, youā€™d have to resubmit it as an updated version to the Template store. The purchaser would have to download the new version from the template store, but that would add a new/blank version of the template to their Glide account. (FYI ā€” Iā€™m not 100% certain on this advice, but itā€™s how I expect it should work given what Iā€™ve seen before).

2 Likes

So you can only sell the template

Yesā€¦? I donā€™t think I understand what youā€™re trying to accomplish.

If youā€™re trying to sell a specific app to a potential buyer, then I donā€™t think the Template Store is appropriate for that. If you sell an app to someone and they become a paid Glide customer, there is a partner program where you can earn a percentage of the fees paid to Glide by the user. Announcing the Glide Partner Program

1 Like

gotcha. I was curious it there was a way to sell the apps once created through glide and the pro program.

any plans to allow apps based on templates to be added to a team soon?

You can do this now, you just have to purchase the template as the team.

You cannot transfer already-purchased templates between teams, for the same reason that you cannot transfer apps purchased from the App Store to your friendsā€™ iPhones.

3 Likes