šŸ¤‘ Sell your apps in the Template Store

@david can we submit templates with Google scripts in it? When i duplicated my app all scripts were duplicated too, so it should not be a problemā€¦ apps with scripts are much cooler! And what about CSS codes?

Not sure about gs, but Iā€™m pretty sure that apps with a lot of custom CSS will be rejected, since custom CSS is not something glide fully supports.

"Whilst Glide Apps can utilize the power of Google Sheets functions, all computation needs to be done in Glideā€™s data editor. That means no formulas or scripts in the sheet. This helps with performance and understanding for new users.

The Google Sheet should also have clear formatting and, if appropriate - instructions."

1 Like

Apps Script will be copied when you duplicate your own app, but not when you make a copy of somebody elseā€™s.

3 Likes

So Pretty much nothing good can be put as a template

Thatā€™s a matter of opinion I guess. I personally feel like a lot of the templates posted by community members (including myself) are most certainly ā€œgoodā€ if not great at accomplishing their goals.

3 Likes

Sorry I didnā€™t mean to put it this wayā€¦ just apps supported by scripts and CSS are much more advanced. it would be better choice

All good, I figured as much!

The reasoning is likely because the platform is intended to be a no-code solution, so once you bring in scripts and CSS code, it can sort of go against what Glide is going for (thatā€™s my opinion, I canā€™t speak for the company in any way). Theyā€™ve also said repeatedly that CSS isnā€™t supported and may stop working at any time. There are multiple methods to use CSS (class names, etc.) and some will work better than others and be more stable. It would be a mess to try to decipher appropriate CSS use in a particular app vs not-so appropriate use.

The scripts portion is likely due to how scripts are tied to each Google account. Like @Darren_Murphy said, theyā€™ll copy from your account back to your account, but I donā€™t think they work as nicely if moving to a different Google account (there are permissions involved, etc.). From a template perspective, I donā€™t think itā€™s something that Glide can allow and expect good results.

3 Likes

@David I think something is still broken with the Template Store. The User Profile sheets are all blank, which makes previewing most apps that rely on an onboarding process of some sort pretty much useless. Iā€™ve checked a few templates and most seem to have an empty User Profiles sheet. I canā€™t be sure, but most apps I was checking use Row Owners on their Profile sheet, and that sheet is blank.

People who copy templates usually do not know CSS, and have no idea about Google Scripts (they also usually donā€™t know how to use Glide, either). They will be disappointed to discover that the template relies on these technologies.

6 Likes

any update on this? any solutions or advice on how to sell templates without having a stripe account?
are there people out there willing to share their stripe and the template fee to get this going?

There are more than enough good templates available.
A template doesnt become good with google script inside.

1 Like

You are rightā€¦ it becomes super good.

You start using a no-code platform and then say: itā€™s only good with code ā€¦

noā€¦ Iā€™m saying is betterā€¦ I never said is no good. I.m a big fan of Glide.

Hi David,
Is there no other way to get paid?
Iā€™m from Israel and it seems thereā€™s no reasonable way for me to sell an app on your store. Are you not able to payout via direct wire transfer to my bank account in Israel? PayPal? Payoneer?
I found a workaround using Wise but this means more fees and yet another step the money has to make before I get paid.
Any ideas are welcomed.
Thanks

No, sorry ā€“ Stripe only.

Without sounding ungrateful, may I ask what is the reason to limit yourself (=Glide) to a service that offers such a narrow international presence?
This forces us to bleed funds for 3rd party services which arenā€™t really needed.
That said, I have to say I was surprised by the thriving ā€œindustryā€ of services offering to bypass this narrownessā€¦

4 Likes

If itā€™s any consolation, Stripe offers a service called Atlas which enables anyone anywhere in the world to be incorporated in the U.S.

Not sure if this will help you specifically but it does look like a potential solution.

1 Like

Hi @garrison,
Yeah, Iā€™ve looked into it but itā€™s about $500 to setup and roughly the same every year for ongoing costsā€¦ :frowning:
Itā€™s really strange that Stripe is so geographically limited.