New web view in button component not working

Here you are: https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/components/buttons/button

Great, thanks!

Hi,

thank you for your quick response and amending the guide (reference to the webview component is currently not available).

I wanted to use the webview to show embeded jotform which allows users to schedule appointments and complete payment. Unfortunately, the Stripeā€™s fields in the form are not active. Do Glide allow payment processing via embeded forms? Since thereā€™s no alternative feature in the app that would be a deal-breaker in my case.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think itā€™s up to you to integrate anything in your app as long as your users are ok with it. Just make sure the info submitted via the form are updated in the sheet so you can make further processes.

Unfortunately, the formā€™s inputs pertaining to payment card details are not active. @Mark/@Jason, could you please confirm that it is due to some Glideā€™s security policies? The forms I use are integrated with Stripe. What is the way to make it work?

Thanks!

@Chris_Fieldswee

Please share the app link with us, as well as instructions on how to get to the form in question. Then weā€™ll be able to look into why the Stripe payment isnā€™t working.

Hi, Iā€™ve created a test app to show you the issue (just click on the button on the home screen): LINK TO THE APP

The form itself is available here: LINK TO THE FORM

Iā€™ve run it on different devices and browsers and it worked only in the desktop Google Chrome browser. Mobile platforms and various browsers donā€™t work.

Iā€™d appreciate your assistance.

Thanks!

Hi @Daniel_Sweet, have you had a chance to look into the issue?

Thanks!

@Chris_Fieldswee, it all works now.

If you donā€™t mind my asking, what features are you using in JotForm in addition to collecting payments? We donā€™t yet have a solution for integrated booking, but Glide natively supports connecting to your Stripe account and collecting payments without having to resort to a third-party form.

@Daniel_Sweet, the linked form is exactly the solution that I use. The forms are embeded on the usersā€™ profile pages so that others can schedule appointments and make payments. The users can individually modify the available slots.

Have you figured out why the issue with Stripe occurs?

Thanks,
KP

@Chris_Fieldswee

Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding something. I have tried your form since we resolved the issue, and it appears Stripe is working. If it isnā€™t actually working, please document all the steps you take when using the form up to the point where it fails.

Its 2023 guys and still web component not working properly. Its a bummer.

I need to accept payment via iframe. Is there any security policy?

Is there anyway I can accept payments inside app outside of your traditional stripe payment method. I have very customized app.

If you are not able to embed a website, it might be due to the website youā€™re trying to embed doesnā€™t allow embedding, and there might be not much Glide can do about that.

What are you trying to embed?

@ThinhDinh Thanks for your reply.

The problem is something weird.

Open this link in any other browser:
https://billing.digitizerbuddy.com/client/invoice/Wpmbk5ezJn-9fYaNPzuepDdAqNK41NZkdIN598UNL51?silent=true&client_hash=TNe5olZHHsrRe4r86N3fJKqKmi3RrqkeWjObk9mu

It will work absolutely fine. It will not ask user to login.

Also while building the app on glideapp interface, it works fine but as soon as I test the app in iphone or safari browser, it pushes me to login screen.

Can you help?

Works fine for me :man_shrugging:

That screenshot was taken from a published App in Chrome browser.
The link was used in a webview component, as you gave it.

1 Like

Hi Darren, thanks for your reply. please try this in iphone app and safari browser.

Yes I also tried in chrome and it worked fine but in iphone app and safari browser, it didnā€™t work. It pushes user to login screen. I am also using web component and I think iframe code of glideapps change something which pushes user to login screen.

Okay, yes I see. I get the same thing in Safari on IOS.
That would seem to be to be an issue related to Safari/IOS rather than a Glide problem, no?

But if you have a plan that is entitled to support, you could try submitting a ticket with Glide.

Hi, I doubt no because when I open link in direct safari browser on mac or ios, it opens up. It is something related with iframe of glide which manipulates.

I will open a ticket.

Can you share link of their support ticket portal?

Thanks

@Darren_Murphy I am on starter plan and I donā€™t see ticket option. I see only billing query option. So I have to wait for someone respond to cummnity only? Do you have any solution?