New web view in button component not working

Sorry, I can’t suggest anything else. Somebody else might have an idea.

It asks me to log in using Safari on MacOS.

Not sure if that’s a better pointer for you, maybe Safari wasn’t able to “authenticate” so it fails to load.

1 Like

If you open this link directly in safari browser (without using glide app), it will work fine and don’t need authentication but it is glide app iframe code that is pushing it to authenticate.

Have you tried it in anything else outside of Glide that provides an iframe window? Just to narrow down if this happens only with Safari and Glide…or does it happen on any non-Glide site with iframe and Safari?

I have a hard time thinking it’s is something specific to Glide. I would be more inclined to think it’s the digitizer site that has the problem.

I really can’t say though. I don’t use apple products.

2 Likes

Now, why didn’t I think of that? :joy:

2 Likes

Might this be related to how different browsers handle the “request” to embed the site?

Opening the link directly should work, since it’s a first-party request, while embedding it, as I take it, can be considered a third-party request.

In metaphor terms, I think a first-party request is like inviting your best friend directly to your house party. The friend would have direct access to interact with you, and all your food and drinks. This happens when your browser requests information from the domain that you’re currently visiting.

While third-party request is like when your best friend brings along somebody else (the third-party), and you didn’t invite that person directly. Then, the trust level won’t be as high, and that person might have limited access. Since the website doesn’t know this “third party” as well, there are more restrictions on what this third party can do or access, for the sake of security and privacy.

When OP tried to embed a link in Glide, it is a third-party request. Maybe Chromium browsers are more lenient, but Safari is stricter, hence the different outcomes?

3 Likes

You are creative thinker, lol. Good detailed information that makes sense & fun to read.

Yes, you guys are totally right! @Jeff_Hager @Darren_Murphy

It is generic iframe element that causing the issue. It is apple product mainly.

I think I have to accomplish this with link component.

2 Likes

Might be worth contacting the owner of the digitizer site. They may have a bug that makes their website not friendly with iframe embeds.

I will check. Thanks! Do you have any idea how to reduce margins on iframe page. For e.g. I see there is some additional space on top and bottom which can be reduced. It is not inside the iframe, I need to alter space around the iframe. Thanks again!

Have you tried changing the “size” here?