๐Ÿ’Ž Gamify Glide Apps (Updated 2022-11-28 - Episode 11: Craft Items)

Gamify Glide Apps Reboot #1: Onboarding & User Profiles

Create your spreadsheet, design an onboarding experience, and set up user profiles!

18 Likes

Great idea with the swipe as the choice, like it :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Petitto great video. I wanted to ask do you maybe have one where an Admin has to approve the profile first before itโ€™s created?

I am building a hospital practice app and this was one of the requests and itโ€™s been killing me for a week now

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto thank you for updating! I refer back to your videos often but with all the changes in Glide, that was getting harder to do. Much appreciated.

1 Like

This was another reason for the reboot. Wanted to create the series in the new editor.

1 Like

:scream: Sneak Peek of Episode 2:

8 Likes

Question about the swipe screen - do you find that people intuitively know to swipe without any instructions? I feel like I need to have some kind of visual cue. The kids you are interacting with probably get it, but not so much the older adults that are my app users.

2 Likes

You can certainly add instructions!

4 Likes

I like that!

1 Like

just following up on this

Iโ€™m thinking you can allow the onboarding process to happen (users can input whatever info that is needed for their profile), then add a boolean column โ€œApprovedโ€.

As an admin, you will have an inline checklist pointing to that Approved column. Only when you check that box those users can access the main tabs of the app.

3 Likes

Umm, whaaโ€ฆ

Gamify Glide Apps Reboot #2: Classes, Ranks and Progress Bars

Create your spreadsheet, design an onboarding experience, and set up user profiles!
also uses a FANTASTIC trick using Quickcharts to display a dynamic radial progress bar avatar!

Hereโ€™s the code you need for the Quickchart template mentioned in the video:

{
type: 'radialGauge',
  data: { datasets: [{ data: [*P], borderWidth:0,backgroundColor: '*C' }] },
  options: { 
trackColor: '#eee',
    roundedCorners:true,
    centerPercentage: 93,
    centerArea: {
      fontSize: 1,
    },
    plugins: {
      backgroundImageUrl: 'https://res.cloudinary.com/glide/image/fetch/w_500,h_500,c_fill,g_face,r_max,ar_1/c_pad,w_1000,h_600,f_auto/b_transparent/*I', 
    }
  },
}
14 Likes

:astonished: Sneek Peek Episode 3: Challenges!

6 Likes

Gamify Glide Apps Reboot #3: Challenges and Admin Approvals

Allow your users to complete challenges for XP and Gold rewards! Approve their challenges from an Admin screen. Use the Pires-Petitto trebuchet method to keep your sheet tidy and minimal!

6 Likes

Gamify Glide Apps Reboot #4: RANDOMLY Sorting Users into Guilds!

Create guilds (teams), configure the guilds screen, sort the screen by average guild XP to construct a guild leaderboard, randomly assign guilds to users during the onboarding process!

:gem:Grab a copy of this app by becoming a Glide VIP member! Robert Petitto - YouTube

3 Likes

Hello, how are you Roberto! I hope you are super well I am grateful I have learned a lot from your videos but I need help in this of the ranges that I get this message

Do you have data for all of the fields youโ€™re replacing?

right

Try https in the construct URL