Community Update: Learning SQL, DocsAutomator changes, Miami meetup 🌴☀️

Hello Gliders!

We’ve got a bunch of updates for you this week, in addition to the usual roundup of new feature releases and bug fixes. Check em:

Diving into SQL data sources

SQL data sources are a powerful addition to Glide, but not everyone is familiar with what SQL is, how it works, or what the implications are for their Glide apps.

That’s why we’re taking the next couple of weeks to create and curate resources that’ll help you get acquainted with using SQL databases.

That includes:

…and we’ve got more on the way!

Notice for DocsAutomator users :warning:

• DocsAutomator’s Google API permissions and scopes will be updated to improve your security and user experience
  • To prevent any disruptions, please re-select your Google Doc templates with the new file picker in your Automations
  • Make the change by Friday, March 15, 2024 to avoid interruptions

Thank you @Rupert and DocsAutomator for the heads up.

Meet us in Miami :palm_tree::sun_with_face:

Some of our team members will be in Miami next week (myself included!), and we’d love for you to join us if you’re in the area. We’re hosting a rooftop mixer.

RSVP for next Tuesday, March 5th at 4pm ET:

New features, fixes, and updates :star2:

• Long data log pop-ups are now scrollable
  • Fixed an issue in the Glide API where row IDs weren’t being returned
  • Custom sign-in branding is now removed if you transfer a Glide app to a plan that doesn’t support custom sign-in branding
  • See All on a grouped horizontal collection now only show the desired group
  • Open AI’s Complete Chat actions and columns now show their update usage
  • App link removed from email headers when Include button with link to app is unchecked in the action config
  • Fixed styling for collection search and filters in containers with dark or accent backgrounds
  • Improved support for data types returned by Airtable formula columns, e.g. dates
  • Fixed an issue with SQL not working for some Glide apps on Business plans
  • Improved typography across desktop and mobile
  • Pushed a fix to stop collection filters from resetting on public apps

Contributor shoutouts :medal_sports:

Y’all are rockstars. Thank you for your contributions!

From the community :raised_hands:

Have something to add?

…that’s it for this week. Have a good one!

15 Likes

Thanks for including this, @NoCodeAndy! If anyone has any questions re. the change above, please reach out.

2 Likes

You fly me down to Miami and i’ll be there to share my insights :smiley:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: App logo still showing in email actions