Why do Email Addresses that contain + trigger Request Access

I have two tables. Call them Table A and Users. In the background, I add a user to both tables “at the same time”.

When I login to my app with the associated email (example+test1@domain.com), I am always ask to “Request Access” - I click on it, and then sign in again and only then do I get a code sent to that email.

Normal login with normal email address (example@domain.com) can login and get their code immediately.

Can someone confirm this behavior?

The reason I am doing this and using + is that I want to test different things in my app and so I don’t want to create new email addresses for everytime I test or delete existing ones.

What do you have for Privacy settings and User & Authentication settings? I assume it’s the + email that you are adding to your tables?

I don’t know why you are having an issue with + emails. I know people have used them in the past, but I’m curious how you have your settings configured first. Maybe we can see something in your configuration if you provide screenshots.

As an alternative for testing purposes, I like to use Mailinator to test with fake emails. You can basically make up anything @mailinator.com and access the inbox. Essentially it’s a public inbox that anybody can access, but it’s nice for testing and getting a pin code from Glide.

@Jeff_Hager thanks for getting back

I’m just guessing here, but it may have to do with the fact that you have Requested Access enabled. Not only does your user table track users, but Glide also tracks users internally. Since your + email is considered a brand new user that’s not registered internally with Glide (even though it’s in your user table), that may be what’s requesting the user access initially.

I’d be willing to bet that you would experience the same thing with any email. I doubt it’s isolated to just + emails.

I would maybe try with a mailinator address just to see what happens, or if you have access to another email that you can test without using the + code.

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager I disabled the Requested Access and then it stopped asking for “Request Access”. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.