What Actions do you wish Glide had?

I would love a Print Screen option. I have invoices that are a detail screen formated with several components. It would be awesome to take that layout and directly print it. I know Android can directly print from the browser.

4 Likes

Agree, I have a few use cases for this.

1 Like

I would love to see:

• Edit/Add Buttons (where the Edit/Add menu opens), for clear call to actions
  • Update columns (not only add)
  • Link to different tabs
  • Click on user in chat/comment to see Profil
  • leave reply to comment, mentions in chat
  • select who can add items (just like in add)
3 Likes

I like your first bullet CTA button for add item, edit button, submit form, etc. We’ve already got the sign in button now…keep em coming @mark!

3 Likes

Yes I would love to have an edit/delete button. The pencil icon works, but sometimes users miss that and I have to have a text pointing them to that icon to do the edit/delete.

1 Like

Other use cases:

AND

@Antonio @Adrianne_Ngam

4 Likes

Dear god. Yes please.

1 Like

To add a if then else condition after a for example set column action.
So I coud check if a related column is not empty then success else failed notification.

2 Likes

Make a REST API request.

3 Likes

Wait action. By far.

1 Like

Add shipping/P&P costs to the checkout, and Discount coupon field on checkout

something like this:

• allow developer the option to choose whether its required for the checkout to proceed to purchase
  • allow developer upto X amount of shipping options, with prices and courier service name
  • Coupon codes for discounts at checkout, self explanatory. Option for either % or Numeral discount.

I believe this would be fairly easy to implement, wouldn’t take long and would make a HUGE impact on conversions and also will allow for physical products to be sold on apps. Please consider this

Can you explain how you’d use it?

Action: Shift row up/down in Glide Table.

Use: changing the ‘sheet order’ of items in an inline list Changing order in a related list of rows - #7 by Jaime

Would be cool to have ‘shift row to top of table’ or ‘shift row to bottom of table’

4 Likes

The ideas for just right now (I’m sure more would pop up later):

Animations and image changes
Multi-user interaction (one user presses a button, wait for other user to press a button)
Chain events: Press button, cell a changes, then cell b changes based upon the change to cell a, then cell c changes based upon the change to cell b, etc…
Countdown or Count up timer - increments by 1 or -1 every second. (especially useful in stores, to offer a discount if the user buys before time expires.)

That’s just a few.

1 Like

I don’t know if “Actions” could help to solve my 3 dreams:

• multiselect in choice component

And by the way, I forgot this one:

• multiselect in choice component!
1 Like

It’s not a choice component, but it’s as close as I’ve gotten to multiselect.

1 Like

Thank you @Jeff_Hager.
I will give a try to all this …

1 Like

It’s possible to use an Inline List as a makeshift multi-select.
In fact, that’s exactly what @SantiagoPerez and I did here :arrow_down:

4 Likes

Ability for an action in one app to make a change on another app you own.

Example: Your customer books a trip on the customer facing app and then their trip details are added to an employee facing app.

Also would like the ability to create actions with the Buy Button/Pay button.

This is already possible if both apps are sharing the same GSheets and/or Glide Tables.

2 Likes