⏬ In Staging: COMPOUND Actions!

:heart_eyes: IT’S (almost) HERE!

Now in staging is the ability to create compound actions—multiple triggered actions off a single event.

Included is the ability to add new rows instantly without a form submission!

Here’s a simple example:

28 Likes

Exciting!

1 Like

Beyond thrilled! This will revolutionize Glide as we know it. @Lucas_Pires is going to have a field day with all the UI/UX improvements this allows :rofl:

5 Likes

Wohoooooo!!!

2 Likes

OH MY GOD!

It’s better than I expected!!! :exploding_head::fire:

2 Likes

OMG!!! this changes everything!!!

1 Like

Wooooow Amazing!

1 Like

AMAZING! I see a “show in alert” action… is this new too? Could it be that we are finally getting in app notification alerts??

wonderful :star_struck:

1 Like

No, that’s always been there in Staging—it’s used for debugging.

This is huge.

Good to know… little bummed now… haha.

We can now do profile view counters. Basically setup an action when opening a record to open the record and increment a counter value.

So many new use cases now with this functionality… so excited!

2 Likes

Could be useful though for the add row action since I didn’t see any confirmation like a form button has. Maybe this is a good argument to release ‘Show in Alert’

3 Likes

Doesn’t this basically make forms somewhat useless? I mean I can technically capture the submitted info, send an email with the results, link to a new screen… all with the press of a single button… Right?! This also seems to add email (or email-to-sms) notification ability if configured properly.

5 Likes

Agreed! Release it!

1 Like

I think there is still great value to forms. This feature is meant, I think, for “forms” that don’t require user interaction/input. Especially in the event that the user needs to take time to complete a form or exit a form.

2 Likes

Having similar possibilities for the Submit button would be the icing on the cake. Or changing the Submit button to a button that gets added to form screens, that could then be given multiple actions. I thought about adding a button like this inside a form, but the firm’s values aren’t “there” until they’re submitted, so the actions would need to be tied to the Submit button.

Either way, this is a fantastic addition!

4 Likes

Agreed!

AGHHHH OH MY GOD!

THIS IS SO FRICKIN AMAZING!!

GLIDE THIS IS MY DREAM COME TRUE!! OMG!!

IM SO HAPPY IM CRYING!!

I’m so glad this dream has come true. It will attract many more clients. Amazing. Just so amazing…

4 Likes