Coming soon to a gamification app near you!
Ooo. This needs to be my next video in
The way I see it working:
- “Who’s Turn” column is empty
- “Battle” Button (visible when “Who’s Turn” is empty)
1.) Click “Battle” button to initiate a battle
- marks “Who’s Turn”
- “Attack” button replaces “Battle” button (visible when “Who’s Turn” is
2.) Click “Attack” button
- deals damage to Boss (increment “Damage Dealt” column by User Attack Value, Math column = “Boss Health” - “Damage Dealt”)
- ALSO marks “Who’s Turn”
- “Defend” button replaces “Attack” button (visible when “Who’s Turn” is
3.) Click “Defend” button
- deals damage to user (increment “Damage Received” column by Boss Attack Value, Math column = “User Health” - “Damage Damage Received”)
- ALSO marks “Who’s Turn”
- “Attack” button again replaces “Defend” button (visible when “Who’s Turn” is
So on and so forth until either user health or Boss health
Only works if triggered actions is a thing, though! Can’t wait!!!
This takes me back to playing graphing calculator games in high school. xD
Much higher-res though. And full-color.
HA! That’s how I learned to code, too! Oh the TI-82/3/6…ball jump (?) was my favorite…that and Tetris
Wowww… Next level of Glider apps
This is awesome!
Imagine if you could set GPS coord geo-fences for bosses so that if you came within that geo-fenced area (*kinda like your treasure hunt app/video you released), the app would change the current screen you were on (somehow, image, button, hint, etc.) to show that a boss was there to battle you…
…or when the qr scanner comes out, you could tie scanning a QR code to that location and when scanned presents the boss to battle…
Almost a Pokémon Go UX…but with a Glide App…cool stuff!
*Edit: I know that the Location component doesn’t just continuously pull the users current location; thus the user would have to manually press/update the Location toggle in order for the geo-fence idea to work (hence QR code suggestion.)
Awesome idea. Would the distance column work with this idea? I assume a yes? Let’s say if distance is less than or equal to 0.1km then show something?
Should work! I’ll give it a try in the next iteration.
Yep - exactly!
However, our use case is a “check-in/out” based system/UX…so for this instance, you’d probably have to have visual cues in-app or print materials (QR codes) to alert the user to tap the enable location toggle or scan the QR code.
Once the scan QR code action actually makes it to production, this will be AMAZING for all things gamification in the app.
Just to name a few:
- scan code to add bonus money to balance
- scan code to initiate boss battle
- scan code to add item to inventory
- scan code to complete a challenge
I already have flows built waiting for the qr scanner haha hope it comes to production soon
this is unbelievable.
Will the behind the scenes build out to this feature on your YouTube?
Yes…this video is overdue…