Text Entries Linked? How to Unlink?

Whenever I type in any text entry field, it auto-populates the other text boxes with the same text. How do I stop it from doing that? Example below with it populating “Medical” in every field:

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 6.06.57 PM

Change the column that the other components are pointing to. Looks like they are all pointing to the same column.

when i go to that text entry field though, it won’t let me select other columns? only one column shows up, but idk why

Do you only have one column in your sheet?

no, i have 3 columns in that tab, but it’s not even pulling from the right tab

update: i think i might need to use relations? because it keeps on pulling “Medical” which has a row ID attached to it. and it’s not allowing me to pull from another tab.

I think I’d need to see more screenshots of your data and screen settings to fully understand. Based on what I’m seeing in your one screenshot, it looks like you are in edit mode of a details screen. That should be editing the columns of the row you are editing. I’m not sure what you mean by pulling from another tab. If you tab needs to be part of another sheet, then maybe you should add a new tab that points to the correct sheet instead. But again, I think I would need to see more to fully understand.

Ok I think I figured out what the problem is —

How do I have a different action for each individual item in an inline list on the same tab?
It seems that for a list that I make, I can only set 1 action regardless of which item particular item I click on, even if I have row IDs

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 12.34.20 PM

1 Like

I did that, but it’s not solving my original issue –

So I was able to set independent screens for Medical, Surgical, Family, etc. But then when I’m in the Medical screen, and I try to edit the form/add a new entry, all my text entry fields say “Medical” and it won’t let me select a different sheet/column (see original screen shot in 1st post).

If the columns you want are not showing up in the list of available columns for the text entry component, then you are trying to edit the wrong row in the wrong sheet. There is something that you don’t have configured correctly, but it’s hard to tell what it is with a few screenshots. If you can include more info and screenshots that explain your app flow, or better yet, a video, then it will be a lot easier to determine what the problem might be.

1 Like