Link to the same sheet in two different tabs and have different components in each

Tab 1:

When I click the button By type:

When I click Actives:

So, there’s a Link to screen action in the button that connects to the sheet Raw materials type. Then, I choose the category and have an Inline list for the relation column I created with the Raw materials sheet.

Tab 2:

When I click the button Stock by type:

When I click Active:

Here, I want to access the Stock relation column, so I should be able to choose the Inline list Stock relation, but if I delete the Raw materials relation and add the Stock relation, it makes this same change in the Database tab:

2 Likes

You beat me to the presentation of this very case scenario. I’m having the same problem. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

https://community.glideapps.com/t/same-link-to-screen-button-different-inline-lists-in-different-tabs/505/8?u=jeff_hager

1 Like

And I had the same problem - and couldn’t understand the behavior. I put a post on spectrum (the old days) - and @JackVaughan told me that the seen behavior could be understood when reading the documentation - but I guess we are a few people that can’t really understand it :wink:

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m having the same issue. I created two different tabs linking to the same spreadsheet and I can easily have each tab have a different layout (inline or cards or tiles) but once you click on an item, the components of that item are the same across the two tabs. If I try to change, delete, re order some components in a tab, it does the same in the other tab.

1 Like

That is working as designed. If you want the detail page to be different then you will have to use different google sheet sheets for each

Ok understood, thanks