Swipe layout is now in Production!

Just putting this here because the UI/UX is similar to the Swipe Function…

Check it out, maybe you’ve already seen this before in Facebook but if you haven’t it may inspire or inform.

Hi @George_B , any update on this?
I still see all the crazy behavior as well as the padding problem with the inline list in the swipe card

I’m sure they haven’t had a chance to look at it. Today is a US holiday.

Thanks, pls let me know once you have more input. I want to complete the tutorial for the community.

Have a great holiday

1 Like

I really like the swipe function!
However, while it is working on the screen the images I integrated via a link (as well as by uploading) do not appear in the app when I’m using my Samsung android phones.
I tried with two phones.

Is there any setting I forgot?
Could the size of the image be too huge?

Are you using Samsung’s internet browser or the chrome browser?

I tried both.

Hi @George_B , hope you had a nice holiday.
will appreciate a follow up on those bugs both on the swipe and inline list padding.

thanks

Ho @George_B ,
hope you add a nice weekend,
Appreciate if you can foolow up with the team on this bug.
This is preventing from actually using the swipe with complex actions…

Hi @david

I’ll appreciate a respond to this from the team. almost 2 weeks ago I showed this bug and sent you guys the info in case as George requested, so far haven’t receive any respond and this bug still active.

the thread starts in this link: Swipe layout is now in Production! - #93 by yinon_raviv

My last follow up on this was 2 days ago to the support team via email.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Is there a limitation on the amount of data that can be displayed on the cards with the swipe function? Some of my data is overlapping as @Rosewebstudio mentions here

It seems ok in the editor, but when you look at it on the phone the data overlaps

could you share the link on this version, is it workaround that makes the swipe option go back to the last card?

It seems to be a problem on the phone when you have components below an image or video in the Card for Swipe. For me this happens all the time (very very annoying) and I have worked out that the Image and any Video is cut off IF there are choice components, etc that are below.

Not a good thing! Wrecking a lovely experience :(…

Yea, it has limitations that in my humble opinion are greater than the benefits. Hopefully one day they’ll fix it and we can use this great feature,

Hi sorry which version link @Deepakgaba? When swipe was first rolled out swiping left was not possible but now I you can. See testimonial section on all my latest apps.

You mentioned in your earlier message about a link to an app where users can use the swipe feature and swipe left to go back to the last card?

Right now, I think it’s not possible normally? I have a list A, B, C

when I use swipe, ‘whichever’ side I swipe, it will go from A → B → C

Anyway to go from C back to B when you swipe from left to right in the screen?

1 Like

We really need clickable arrows on the edges of the card for the desktop experience. Swiping via click and drag is not intuitive. Either that or allow swiping via trackpad gestures. @david

4 Likes

I think both would be needed because there are people from a pc and not a laptop that will not have trackpad to swipe with a gesture.

I work with the Swipe component a little differently. To allow you to swipe back and forth between cards, what I do is filter the swipe cards to only one row. Then highly depending on your data and setup, you can have that one row relate to any other row and then pull back certain data from the relation using lookup columns.

I have an example of this in the app below. Take a look at the Month Swipe tab. That tab is only filtered to display only the first row in the Month Layout sheet. When a user swipes the card, it increments a value in that first row, which causes the rest of the sheet to recalculate and changes values on the first row. Then through some other magic, I display the details from that first row. In my case, that swipe never moves beyond that first row because of the filter. That way through the increment action, I can give the appearance of moving forwards or backwards through data. It’s not an exact example, but hopefully if gives you some ideas.

3 Likes

Ya, swipe concept like this is nice…only issue is this:

1 Like