Swipe layout is now in Production!

Hello @david
Is it possible to have on the basis (of excellence) swipe, a variant with an interface that slides horizontally between a series of elements? (a kind of book ;-))
Obviously there is a lot of user expectation of this thread.

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™ve been sleeping over it, by I really donā€™t understand what can be against adding the optionable possibilities of next and back when we can already add actions like increment and phone a number ā€¦ Iā€™ve been testing it for a week and the main feedback I get is ā€˜how can I get backā€™.
But Iā€™ll leave it at this.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

Has anybody been having problems with swipe increment actions? Every time I try to set an increment action to a swipe, it gets back to none. Is there anything I have to do prior to set the action to increment?
Look at video.

This is what happens if I try to create a compound action using an increment with a swipe layout.

Not sure if it fits there (cause I cannot see the sheet), but I had this problem and it was because I did not have a NUMBER column to increment.

I had a number there, but it was a single value column from another sheet, that could not be changed through incrementations.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I have created two number columns on the GDE and they both are User Specific.

Edit: I created a regular number column and it started working.

Thanks @spencersRus

3 Likes

Is the Save last swipe completed with Date-time user-specific column?

Yea. I had to create an extra number column that is not user specific for it to work.

Can it be that there is no sort option for swipe view?
If this intended then why? If not then this is a bugā€¦

Either way I think that like any other list view we should be able to sort it

@david

1 Like

I donā€™t think they intended it to be sorted. I think it ā€œsortsā€ in the sense that it looks for the oldest timestamp thatā€™s set by the swipe action and shows the card with that oldest timestamp next.

1 Like

I think this is wrong as like any list you have initial order (even sheets order)

Also,
I see many bugs with the swipe view, itā€™s getting messed up when having inline lists and images inside of it and they some type stop doing the right action and acting differently/

will upload later a video to show

Worth noting? @yinon_raviv

no Brother, doesnā€™t help/

Created a shory video to show the wierd bugy action of the awipe card behavior

and this is on top of the inline list bug in Swipe view which crop the last tile on the list and have some padding problem as mentioned in a post I wrote earlier

@david @Mark

@yinon_raviv Can you explain how you have your app structured to handle the swiping and how you move from row to row? Iā€™ve found that if you only filter the swipe layout so it can only see and interact with a single row, then you have a lot more control to swiping linearly through the sheet by controlling a relation and lookups.

Otherwise, if you are swiping through multiple rows, then the date column plays a large part in determining which card shows next.

I have an example here in the third tab. Only the first row in the sheet is accessible to the swipe layout, but each swipe sets a value which recalculates the rest of the values in the sheet and shows the correct data on the screen.

Granted, Iā€™m not manipulating any data with this method and Iā€™m only using it for display only purposes, but maybe it will give you some ideas on how to structure your app.

1 Like

HI @Jeff_Hager ,

app URL: https://dapper-zephyr-8134.glideapp.io/
see below to better understand how itā€™s setup.

1 Like

OK, I see what you are saying now. I have a similar thing happening in my app when I tap on the calendar. However, it only happens on the published app in my chrome desktop browser. It doesnā€™t jump around for me in the glide editor or in chrome on my android phone. Your app on the other hand appears to be doing it in the editor, desktop and phone browsers.

Iā€™m guessing there is an issue with other actions getting fired when they shouldnā€™t be. I noticed this a week or so ago with another app I was playing with, where adding a row in one part of my app was causing the set column action to fire when the row showed up in a list. I wonder if itā€™s something similar where some of your other actions are all firing, which causes the screen to jump.

This is an example app where Iā€™m experiencing the action getting fired when it shouldnā€™t.

1 Like

So i guess this is really a bug. let me know if you want to copy the app and look under the hood.

This app is actually meant to be a base for a tutorial Iā€™m preparing for the glide global community and will publish here as well.

i Hope @Mark will look at this soon and figure out what is the problem

@George_B @eltintero

I would have to guess that itā€™s a bug. I donā€™t think I need a copy of your app. It seems pretty straight forward what you are trying to do. I havenā€™t really used the swipe much. I think thereā€™s still some bugs that need to be worked out and itā€™s not really useful for desktop applications since it really requires touch input. My laptop has a touch screen so I donā€™t ever run into the issue with cards getting stuck, but thatā€™s not the case for everyone.

@yinon_raviv Please create a support case via email to support@glideapps.com and include a support link to this app. Then I can do some testing and notify engineering of the issue. How does the app work in a mobile device when you are using a true finger swipe?

same issues as you see in the desktop browser.
sent the mail now,

thanks @George_B

oh @George_B , while you look at the app also look at the bug on the inline list padding. it crops with no reason on the right side

1 Like