SMS action feature

Is there a way to use the create SMS action, add it to a button, and then have it send that SMS message to all users in the user spreadsheet who have entered a phone number? Since Glide doesn’t have a push notification feature, I was going to try to use this as a work around to send text messages to all of my users.

Hi @meganb :wave: :wave:

You can check here @meganb :innocent:

Thank you :blush:

Thank you. And, correct me if I’m wrong, but Glide still does not have push notification capability, correct? I’m new to Glide, but it seems like they have made some recent enhancements, and I want to make sure I’m not missing something.

1 Like

Your welcome @meganb. I think you can choose that Compose SMS action to that button.

You can connect like Zapier,Integromat Integrations and send notifications.

And there are many conversations created to this topic @meganb . You can search and read them too @meganb :innocent:

And If I’m wrong someone will reply here @meganb :slightly_smiling_face: I’m also still learning and doing experiments with this Superb Platform :blush: :blush:

Thank you :innocent:

1 Like

And @meganb you can read this conversation too.

Thank you :blush:

Yeah, I’ve been reading through a bunch of those threads, but they were mostly all at least 6 months old, so I didn’t know if there had been a new enhancement. None of the work arounds that I read about really seemed to work for what I’m trying to do because I don’t want to have to sign up for something else that is going to charge me more money. I just wish there was a more straight forward solution.

Hmm. I think you can use that Compose SMS action.

That’s what I was asking about in my initial question. Trying to use that feature to send, but how do I get the built in Glide action action “compose SMS message” to pull in all users from my user spreadsheet who have entered their phone number when creating their profile?

Oh sorry @meganb :neutral_face:

Is this what you want to know @meganb ? If I misunderstand your question I apologize for that @meganb :neutral_face:

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to do, but can I make it send to all users in my user spreadsheet? When I tried to add it as an SMS action on a button, I clicked it, and it took me into my text message feature on my phone, so I can create a text message, but it didn’t pull in any phone numbers from my user sheet.

Hmm. @meganb I’m not sure about this :neutral_face: Sorry @meganb :slightly_frowning_face: I think one at a time. Others will reply here @meganb :slightly_smiling_face:

I use Glide + Integromat + ClickSend for this (and later I will use Twilio for Whatsapp).

1. set up a Twilio or Clicksend account
  2. set up a scenario in integromat to pick up a webhook in glide
  3. in Glide, have a button for people to click to send you the info you need (in my case, a unique ID, then the tel, plus messages to send - as I send two based on time)
  4. I have a few scenarios that run on a timer to send if a reminder needs to be sent out

And it works, and was easy to set up. And popular too with our users (even the ones in Germany!). Cost per message is about EUR0.08 - and we send 2 per client, so it adds 0.18 to our cost of delivery. BUT the permission based message alerts have dramatically increased the number of clients who complete the process, and has substantially lowered the support hours to handle people being late.

5 Likes

I think Mark’s solution will work best. I don’t know the upper limit of phone numbers to send a message in Glide, and after all you must have another click to send that message anyway, while with Twilio/ClickSend it’s automatic.

Push notifications are not available for iOS, and I don’t think it’ll change anytime soon.

1 Like

As @ThinhDinh mentioned, I don’t know if there is an upper limit on the number of messages that can be sent at once. That all depends on your texting app. But to try it, you should be able to create a joined list column that joins all of the phone numbers together. You can try it with a comma or semicolon as the delimiter. Then pass that joined list into the compose sms action.

4 Likes

:point_up_2:Jeffs solution is what I was going to suggest…but as was mentioned, there is probably a limit using this method. You’d need to use a dedicated SMS platform (like clicksend) to increase the limit.

3 Likes