Add Message Body to Button for "Send Text Message" Action

When selecting the action “Send a text message”, there is no message body field that opens up, whereas when you add a phone link and allow for messages, a message body field can be selected. It would be great that anywhere a text message action exists, the same fields (phone number and message body) could be selected.

1 Like

Just bumping this as I’ve encountered another instance where this would be really helpful. A button action to send a text message with configurable body message would be much appreciated.

Check out this thread. I think there is a way. You just need to build out the link yourself.

1 Like

Thanks! I need to send to multiple #s at once, so I’ll see if I can use that instruction to come up with a way to send to multiple numbers with one button click.

1 Like

In case anyone else was looking for this, solved with a workaround here:

3 Likes

Thanks for the hack. How would I auto trigger glide to send an SMS to a user who has just provided a mobile number upon registration?
Equally, would it be possible to send an auto confirmation email from glide to user provided email address. Thanks

Not sure if either of those are possible without using another service like Zapier in conjunction with your Glide app.

Thanks for the quick reply. How can I add a WhatsApp button to send messages?

@Aj2666 Take a look at the thread that @kyleheney sharedj above. This is a quote from that thread that shows how to set up the link for WhatApp.

2 Likes

Thanks, truly appreciated

1 Like

You can do that using something like that (the same is probably possible with gsheets):

Thank you for the above info! Just to make sure I am going about this the right way: I have 2 apps one for customers and the 2nd for my employees. I want to set up an avenue where the customers can communicate with my team as a group and individually. Do you think the Zapier connected with Airtable is the best avenue with my app?

That’s probably excessive to involve Airtable as another layer. Just do the integration with Zapier and Google sheets instead if that’s what you need.

Are you trying to establish SMS or WhatsApp communication or a simple chat? You could set up a chat pretty easily using the Comments component.

Yes I’m trying to establish a chat between the 2 apps that share a Google sheet. Basically I want my customers to post a job and my employees to accept and select that job. I thought the best way to do this was have a chat room where it goes to all the salespeople and whomever is closest can accept it. The the customer books the job under that sales person’s name. Does this make sense?

Since it’s between different apps, then you can’t use the comments component or the chat tab. Chat and Comments are only linked to one specific app.

I would create your own chat by combining a form button and an inline list. There are lot of ways to handle this, either with filtering so only certain people see chats, or some combination with a detail page and relations so only admins and individual users see the chat. It’s hard to give specifics without knowing how your app is set up or where in your app you would want something like this.

Ok that makes sense. Yea I made 2 apps because I wanted the customer to see certain thing and salespeople to see other things.

Let me try doing the form button and inline list to communicate between the 2. Basically I was trying to make a book appointment like function or like ordering an Uber (hiring a TAKL) for a lack of better example. I tried to include some pictures but they were too large and I’m not sure if it would paint the perfect picture anyway

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager Now if my clients send a message to my sales team and they are not in the app they wont receive a notification, correct? So maybe this is where I should add in Zapier so my team can see messages when the app is not open?

Correct. There are some limited notifications for Android users, but due to restrictions from Apple, IOS users won’t get any notifications, so you are best off creating your own. Zapier would be a good option.

This post might be helpful.

1 Like