๐Ÿ†• Sign-in Action

Introducing the Sign-in Action. You can now trigger the sign-in screen inside of public apps, meaning you can allow users to view your app first, without signing in.

46 Likes

Bl**dy brilliant nice one :point_up:

Opens up a whole new world of possibilities

:tada:

6 Likes

Wowwwwwww

1 Like

Question โ€” does this mean that Public apps can now make use of visibility conditions that used to be restricted to sign-in apps?

2 Likes

You mean the visibility that is restricted to user profiles? You can always do that with the previous setup. First enable public with email, set a profile sheet, then switch back to public.

Yes, but that is a work-around and in apps where Iโ€™ve used it, it causes issues (signs users out when they close the app, etc.).

2 Likes

Ah, of course, when they initiate a new session it will be like a new user.

1 Like

Exactlyโ€ฆ the ideal way this should work is that the app behaves like a sign-in app once the user signs in (preserves login) and all the conditions for visibility should be shown in the editor, regardless of the sign-in method chosen.

7 Likes

bravo @JackVaughan and team. very useful

1 Like

This is going to redefine the possibilities with Glide! Gotta check if we can whitelist users to Sign-in. If that happens, we can build membership based access too!

4 Likes

Thank you @JackVaughan and the Glide team. I think that ticks off one of the feature requests I added a few weeks ago! :grinning:

3 Likes

Not gonna have time to play, so if you find out let us know. Thanks

Love this and already implement

2 Likes

Amazing feature. Thanks

This is a great new feature but I have a questions regarding GDPR. I am using Google Analytics which is covered by the agreement checkbox on sign-up. If we are allowing limited access to the app before signup but not asking for a user to agree to T&Cโ€™s / Privacy Policy first - surely this means that we are not compliant with GDPR?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or a solution please? Thanks.

4 Likes

beautiful, thats what I need, just waiting for more stuff like character limitation in a form, and image/video crop and trim when upload. Glide is amazing :tada: :confetti_ball:

I have a question, I change my app to public, and want to hide a form button if user is not signed and also show the sign in button, but this is happeningโ€ฆ

1 Like

Do you have a sheet assigned as user profiles sheet?

yes I have it

Can you try setting it to user email is not empty?