šŸ†• Sign-in Action

Yes that way can work but I donā€™t know if is the best way, I will try and test to seeā€¦ thanks for help

1 Like

If youā€™re trying to limit the visibility to only signed-in users that would work, because when theyā€™re signed in, their user email wonā€™t be empty.

well I have to test because need another button, one for Non singned user and one for signed userā€¦ it will be great if the components or the inline list have a feature to send automatically to sign in screen if user are not signed.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve never understood this warning even though it doesnā€™t affect me personally. Especially with the ā€œuser profileā€ workaround and the ā€œset to public with email, make the change, then set to public againā€ workaround. I have yet see or hear of these workarounds not working. Makes sense that the warning should go awayā€¦ especially with the new button action.

1 Like

In a details view, make 2 inline lists. One with visibility user email is empty and set action to sign in, one with visibility user email is not empty and set action to view details. That way I think it would work.

2 Likes

This may help. https://vote4.glideapp.io/

2 Likes

This is it! now 1000000% GDPR compliant!

As an Asian I laughed way too hard at Han Some.

1 Like

Omg, thanks for that Team! I was really anxious for this :star_struck:

1 Like

Hi Roberto, I had the same problem because I have a lot of components with visibility for ā€˜signed-in userā€™
I changed it to ā€˜email is user emailā€™ and it worked perfect for me.:grinning:

sign_in

3 Likes

Amazing feature!
Any solution for this limitation for public app?
1- Filter by user signed email
2- Edit by user signed email

@Brice - weird question. But even when you have the ā€˜warningsā€™ does the filter STILL WORK?

In my app, I am getting the warningā€¦

But in the APP it still works!

ME Signed in:

Other teacher NOT signed in.

So even though the filter says it does not work, it does. (for me)

(my app link: https://myclassapp.glideapp.io/

1 Like

Despite the warning, It does work I have tried it on several apps

1 Like

Weā€™ll fix that warning soon.

6 Likes

Once signed in, is the login preserved if you close the app? Previously, my experience was that public apps that used this work-around (force visibility settings by switching from public to email sign-in then back again) would lose the login session when the app is closed.

3 Likes

Good one. But I have a question.

Does this mean the launch page can have only one button that triggers Sign in?

The way my launch page (currently the one that comes after Sign in) is designed - it has some buttons leading to content which are open to public in ideal world) but it also has some buttons where Sign in is a must (like my account / email verification is needed).

How should I go about using this feature in my case? Thanks for any help.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is EXACTLY what Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how to do. :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: I am not sure how to apply it to the app that I have already published - hopefully a video will be coming shortly.

3 Likes

I think your pleased :slight_smile:

Thank you @JackVaughan!

If we want to Preview As our public app as a non signed-in user, then see post sign-in, how do we do? (in my picture, ā€œtoto@emailā€ appears to be signed-in anytime)

Thanks

@AyS_0908 are you using user profiles? What happens if you type in an email thatā€™s not in the user profile sheet? I imagine if you set conditions based on values on the user profile sheet, you would see what a non-signed in user sees. Refer to @Robert_Petittoā€™s videos to see what I mean.

2 Likes