Moving Login page

Not sure if I’m missing this feature or not, but is there a way have app users login on a second level screen or is it always on launch?

-Alfeo

You can. Just make your app public, then the user can either sign in through the side menu (if you have it visible), or create a button with a sign in action.

I’m using the free version as of now. The only way I see to have a user login is using the “Sign-in Screen” App is public.

https://go.glideapps.com/app/DqgcckLU9OZXBzXIAp0A/layout

That’s what I’m saying. Change your app to Public. It’s not specific to Free or Pro apps. You can change your app to Public.

Once you do that, if you have the side menu visible, then users can sign in there.

If you would rather have a button, then add a button and set the action to ‘Sign In’.

2 Likes

AHHHH!!! Ok! I see now. I see where I can change the action to Sign In. But no option to then go to details afterwards. Time for more reading…

Thanks

1 Like

You can create a custom action that will perform multiple actions. This isn’t a particular situation that I’ve done myself, but I believe you can have a sign in action followed by the view detail action.

1 Like

I was looking at that last night, but got too tired to make sense of anything. Everything else just dead ends.

I thought I was just too tired last night, but I have come to find an issue.

When I set the Action to Sign in I get was getting a blank screen. I believe that was because I was still signed in on the computer in the app builder. I switched to view as another user and bingo, now I actually get a the login page. Once signed in, I cannot go to details of the directory member.

If I create a Custom Action which is Sign in → View Details, it will bypass the sign in page and go to details. If I try to go back, then it will show the Sign in page asking th user to sign in.

This is getting frustrating

Thanks for you diligences in trying to help.

I think I’ll have to sit down and try this out. I’ve never built an app that has a public layer and a signed in layer, so I’m mostly guessing that it’s possible. I feel like other people have done it, but I couldn’t find any related posts.

Maybe somebody else can chime in, but my first attempt would probably be the same thing you tried. I’ll let you know if I figure something out.

Thanks Jeff. They actually talk about that layers issue here: Show Sign In - Glide Library
But no detail on how to continue in this example.

Hola!!!

In order to create an app that is public but requires sign in when the user wants to say buy something, you need to first set it up as public with email, set up the profile sheet by clicking on the side menu then sign in button and in the right panel choosing the profile sheet.

Right after this, you can reverse the app to public.

To hide/show tabs the visibility conditions that I use are show tab when email is empty or when name is not empty. These two condition allow me to show that tab when there’s no login and after the user has logged in.

On the “buy” button create a custom action:
If email is empty > sign in
Else > increment

If you have tabs like profile tab that you only want to show when the user is logged in, the visibility condition could be: show tab when name is not empty.

Just to be safe you might wanna create an If-Then-Else that changes from false to true when all the required fields for your profile are not empty. Use this instead of name is not empty.

If I have time later today, I’ll post an example here.

In the meantime, I hope this makes sense and helps you.

3 Likes

@CineDiver

Here’s the example, you can copy it and see how it works. I made it on the stage part of glide, sorry about that, you might have to recreate it on glide production.

I hope it helps.

2 Likes

One hangup I was having was I did not see the IF / ELSE add a condition button until now… But your logic of the user email and user name helped.

IF user email is empty → Sign in
Else → Show Details

This seems to be working. I had no idea on how to check if a user was logged in until now.

THANK YOU ALL!!! :pray:t5:

4 Likes

Now this seems to be broken… :cry:

@CineDiver

try again.

It works for me.

I think I found the issue. I had to turn on User Profiles (via Settings → Privacy → Public Sign-In w/ Email
Then setup another sheet for such and assign that sheet as the Source for the User Profile Menu.
Then (this is where I went wrong) my IF command is USER PROFILE > Email is Empty

Thanks everyone for the help! I can now go public with my Directory!!!

1 Like

Hi Santiago, I know this topic was long ago but for now, is there a way to allow them use the app without signing in at the very first stage when they open the app? To buy something, they need to sign in.

It looks like when I changed the app to No sign in, when I add a button that direct to Sign in in my Homepage Tab, it doesn’t show the button. But when I change into Required sign in, they have to sign in at the very first stage and the button does appear, but it doesn’t lead to the sign in page, but lead to other account’s profile instead.

So is there a way that allow both visitors and users to see the app? Thank you!

Have you tried ‘Optional Sign In’?

4 Likes

“Public” means there is no restriction on who can use your app. Everyone can. You can then define if no sign-in is possible at all (no profiles), if sign-in is required (required means sign-in will be on the first screen), or if sign-in can be done (it’s optional).

As Jeff said, your case seems to be Public > Optional Sign-in.

For an overview of these privacy options:

3 Likes

I tried Optional sign-in and it works now! Thanks everyone so much :smile:!!

1 Like