"Show detail" screen not saving data?

I have a list of people

When I click on them I show Detail view

However when I update status to Admin rights, it saves on my view,

However when I goto the web, it doesn’t show

Should I be rather goto “Edit Screen” for saving data?

What you have there should work, and I can’t see any obvious reason why it wouldn’t be.

Can you show me what those boolean columns look like in the Data Editor?

Yeh, also can’t understand why not?

See Data Editor view(s)

Do you have Row Owners on that table? It’s a bit hard to tell from the screen shot. Although logically it seems that you don’t, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to view the User (unless you are also using Roles as Row Owners).

What happens if you do it the other way around? ie. make the change in the published App. Does it stick, and does it sync back to the Data Editor?

No Row owners on that table

Also tried the other way around: Did update on Web (published app) and it didn’t make an update in Data Editor ??? Very strange and inconsistent behaviour

Just looking at this post. should I rather Click to open New View, instead of trying to edit in “Detail” View

No, it shouldn’t make any difference. Either way, you’ll still be editing the same row.

It’s a bit puzzling. Sorry I don’t have any other suggestions.

Can’t tell from the screenshots if you are viewing the same person. Are you sure you are viewing the same person?

I am viewing from the same person

Very strange error … :man_shrugging:

I’d be willing to bet that you have that checkbox pointing to your user profile → boolean instead of the row → boolean. Show me how the checkbox is configured.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager What the bid go for? :laughing:

Defs pointing to Row and not user row :wink:

2 Likes

Well shoot. I guess I owe you a beer :wink:. I’m stumped on this one.

Have you published changes since setting all that up?

Yip!

Crazy testing shows the following

I edit the title in Webview

and it appears in the DataView straight away

I noticed there is a delay and incosistency

Idea: Could this be if another admin might have this view open?

1 Like

Looks like it’s just a sync delay. You’re in South Africa, right? Load shedding? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Glad the issue is resolved. But you should also add rules to prevent current user from changing their own privileges.

Very odd. If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.

1 Like

I think this is related to the user table. If this is the user table, I agree that editing through the application is very slow.

It’s not the current user. Its the admin changing privileges of other users

wish it was a delay, sometimes it just does not update

Do you suggest I create another table for permissions to make this faster?