Shopping cart without stripe

Hi. I would like to know if you can use the shopping cart without stripe. That is, do not use the payment platform, since in Argentina it is not available.

5 Likes

You would have to build your own. A Form Component would be used to load items to a sheet, then a Tab would be set up to display all the items based on the logged in user.

Of course I understand. But the shopping cart functionality has less click to load the products, it is simpler. Thank you as well.

You could create a button with a Zapier action to write to a sheet, but I don’t see any option to include the signed in user’s email. A form button would be my only other suggestion as well.

Hi… I just made a simple order system without using stripe. Hope you can check it out
https://kedaionline.glideapp.io/

7 Likes

@Rizal_Azalli That looks good! Thanks for sharing.

Everybody can copy my apps… Please let me know if you can make it better.
Sharing is carring

3 Likes

Thanks, hope you can make it better. You can copy my apps…

1 Like

Hello! Thank you very much for sharing. It’s very good, but I already have something similar.
I saw it in a tutorial on a channel in Brazil, I pass the link if it works.

What I’m looking for is to reduce the amount of click. The shopping cart does it in less time, so I asked if it was possible to use it without the payment platform.
3 Likes

Yes, it same as me to reduce the step but i’m feel that it’s difficult to do that. I hope someone can share their knowledge to make it happen.

1 Like

@Mariano_Betta What payment platform can you use in Argentina?

Thanks for answering. Paypal I think it works. Regards.-

Would you mind voting for it in our Feature Requests app?

4 Likes

Paypal checkout would be great, to allow direct payment to sellers. I don’t expect to give them back their money :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, now I am going to vote.
My query was really to know if you can use the shopping cart functionality, without payment platform. That is, only orders.
Regards.-

2 Likes

Hola @Mariano_Betta

Take a look at my demo Pizzeria APP to have an idea what you should do when the Buy Button isn’t available or you want to use another way to create/send orders different to a shopping cart https://pizzeria.glideapp.io/

The Ordernes section is where you need to go after you have seen your favorite dish(es) from menu. There, you can create a new order and report you payment (no pay because the APP desn’t have any way to charge your operation via Stripe, Paypal, Visa, etc)

I agree with you and others in the fact to have the Buy button available if an APP doesn’t use Stripe service or when we want to create a simple shopping chart without a payment system tied to it. A lot of work would be saved with this improvement.

Greetings!

Saludos a todos
Gavp

2 Likes

Hola @gvalero thank you very much for the contribution, the app is very nice!
I would like to have a shopping cart without payments. Also be able to enter only positive numbers, otherwise we must use choice. How did you do the “Your account is for” part? With an IF / THEN / ELSE in the DATA EDITOR?
Cheers.-

Hola de nuevo @Mariano_Betta

The trick can be made using:

• Template feature in Data Editor
  • in Google Sheet (my choice)

In both cases, you must use Markdown syntax to get it. This is how my cell looks like

Saludos, te cuidas!

Gavp

4 Likes

Very good contribution! thanks again @gvalero!

Hello, I congratulate you on your application. I copied it and I’m working on it. I’ll send you a copy later.
Is there a way to get the currency in which it is configured?
I am in Argentina and our currency is the Argentine peso.
thank you very much for the contribution and congratulations

Dario