Set Column Values into a relation row do not work

The relation works correctly in the data editor, and all lookup values ​​are displayed correctly on the screen; but the set column action through the relation doesn’t work.
I can say for sure because this APP has been working for 8 months without any problems.
How to solve this?

5 Likes

This problem looks like the same one that is covered here:

I confirm the relation that do not work is build on GoogleSheet toward GlideTable

1 Like

Not exactly.
In my first project (via googlesheet) it stop to work after a while exactly when I changed the source of the spreadsheet (from one user to another).
After that problem I made a duplicate of that application, again with googlesheet (but duplicating the file), and now is working fine… per ora almeno!

1 Like

In my case it stopped working without anyone intervening on the source. Today does not go, yesterday it went (as for 8 months now).

Yes I believe that because it happens suddenly to me also.
I gave the fault to that action of mine, but I’m not 100% sure

1 Like

disaster… and very very unhappy

4 Likes

We certainly have the same kind of problem. Like you in debugging, I tried to assign to a button a single set column action towards the relation, and the button disappears! But the relation exists.
I don’t know where to go to get around this problem.

1 Like

Also started having this issue since yesterday. Glad I’m not the only one!

2 Likes

The mixed technique of using google tables and glide tables seems to be in crisis now. But you can’t do without this when you create important projects that need, on the one hand, a google sheet to have powerful features available, and on the other, a Glide Table to increase performance on response times.

@roldy I just did some testing with this and found that whilst it’s not working in the builder, it does still appear to be working fine in the published app.

In fact, if I try it in the published app and then watch the data editor in the builder, I can see the values change a few seconds after the action has been triggered from the app.

Have you tested this?

2 Likes

Thanks @Darren_Murphy I tried but the behavior in my case doesn’t change from builder to APP. It doesn’t work anyway.
I’m just preparing an extralight version of a sample APP where the problem comes up. I’ll copy it here as soon as I’m done if you can take a look, I hope it will also be useful for others to better understand the situation.

1 Like

I have a relation between 2 google sheet tables and the set column action stopped working

3 Likes

did not work for me. both inputs via builder and app does not change values in the data editor.

1 Like

I am presenting this same problem since yesterday in all my applications, I also sent the ticket to support.

I have tried the set column with simple relations to perform an action on another table (Write, edit, delete) from the editor and from the app and it does not work.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We are aware of the problem and already working on it.

Thanks for your reports and patience!

2 Likes

In summary, what’s happening to me (and how I see many others) starting today.
This is the situation: the set column action through a relation works only if the relation is between tables of the same species (GS to GS, or GT to GT).
Try this little example APP; here you can see the bare problem.
Also note that on both screens the button with the action that doesn’t work disappears.

1 Like

Happy to know you’re work on this.
Thanks

1 Like

It does not work for me even when the relationships are in the same type of table GS to GS or GT to GT.

1 Like

GS to GS not working either

1 Like

In my case, Setting Column Values via a single value/whole row stopped working suddenly. I thought about trying a regular relation to temporarily make it work. Now seems it won’t be working either. All the receiving columns are user specific.