Relation Column Showing Matches, but not Displaying them

I’m pretty confused on this one. I use relation columns all the time, feel like I understand them very well, but I can’t seem to get this one to work.

Here is my app:

Let me know what I should share for you to be able to best help me, been a while since I’ve made a post on the forums.

Basically I have this column Shot Relation. Users have the ability to create a film project, in each project there are many shots. I have a tab where I’d like to show users their shot list.

I have a tab that is on my user sheet with details as the style. I have added an inline list to this page.

From here I take the users “selected project” and then I make a relation column that matches to my shots page and matches all shots with that same project.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 10.22.41 AM

This is the result of my relations column. Its a bit strange. Projects that have a picture for every single shot will work fine and will show up in the inline list. Projects that do not have pictures will not display and show a bunch of those emojis instead.

What am I missing here?

Here is one that has pictures for all of the shots and is working fine:

Then for something with lots of shots, but not fully pictured out. It’s just blank.

Do you have any filters on your inline list?

1 Like

No filters on this inline list.

Any Row Owners in the Shots sheet?
For the related rows that have no images, do they still have Shot Name and Title Template?

Couple of things to try. Try recreating the same relation. Try recreating the inline list. Create a rollup column to count the number of rows in the relation and try to display that count on the screen.

1 Like

Awesome!! Thank you. You helped me solve it.

The issue was I had it being grouped by Scene number, but because of how I changed the app, scene number is no longer filled out. Since it had nothing to group by, it didn’t show any results. It worked on older ones because those had the scene number field filled out.

1 Like

Ahh, that makes sense. I didn’t think about Grouping. Glad you got it fixed.