Public/public w/email question

Does a row already exist for you user? Just making sure it’s currently on a row instead of not on any row.

yes, row exists with just the user’s email and I am previewing as that user. No button. Can’t type into the text entry field either. :upside_down_face:

any filters set on the screen? That usually means you’re not on a row.

Show tab when Profile Done? is empty. But that should not affect the button or the text entry field…

not a tab filter. any filters on the actual detail screen? Can you show a screenshot of the screen filters?

1 Like

No screen conditions except email is signed in user.

Just that email is signed in user…

Maybe little video will help? Thank you Jeff. I must be doing something very simple wrong.

I guess I would double check that the ‘preview as’ email is matching the email in the sheet. Double check spelling and for any extras spaces. It should work, but it seems like the Email is Siged In user filter is not matching up to an existing row. Also you showed the google sheet with the email address. Can you also see it in the glide data editor as well? Just making sure everything is synced up.

1 Like

This is definitely a GDE issue. I cut and paste the email so that I wouldn’t make a mistake. I noticed that the data editor isn’t syncing up with the sheet. I’m pretty used to refreshing etc. and I know there is something funky going on. Alright, I’m going to give it a rest and sign back into the builder later. I obviously need a break haha. Thanks for always being there Jeff, Jason, V88, Thinh - you guys are the best!

4 Likes

Ok. I see the difference. My apologies. I use an “admin” to “approve” new users so of course to works. Now trying to do it in the same app and I, also, cannot get it to work. Very strange behaviour when trying to update the name, just as @Deena describes. Time for a glass of red to see if that loosens something.

1 Like

hahahaha, my thoughts exactly. I think I have sorted it though. Finally. Not how I think it should work ideally, because you have to use edit pencil vs. a form or text entry, but only straightforward solution at the moment.

Only way I can make it work (in same app) is to have an onboard tab that gets shown when name is empty. It displays the email and says “hi you need to edit your profile”. User clicks edit at top right and name is displayed (along within anything else) set to required. Clunky but works.

1 Like

Yup, that’s what I ended up doing. Hate it but it’s the only current solution that I managed. Well, again, hopefully those sign up / onboarding screens are coming.

2 Likes

:pray:t2: Good luck with the rest of the app

1 Like

We need those long-discussed extra button actions for Edit and Submit maybe

1 Like

Burgers calling so a quick tip list. My personal experience w/ onboarding flows:

• Remember: Don’t use “is empty”(s) for fields you plan to allow a user to edit later – onboarding will kick in again.
  • Careful using If-Then-Else column to configure has profile yes/no. Particularly when adding an increment value, in the wrong order.
  • When setting visibility on your onboarding tab, don’t combine a profile condition with an onborading increment value – might trigger a blank screen for a new user on login as opposed to the desired onboarding experience.

PS. IG template needs to be removed. A persistent source of confusion.

2 Likes

@Deena, did you see this tutorial https://youtu.be/2RrwaKKcm00 ? it totally sorted me out.

1 Like

Yes, I had sorted mine using the edit pencil but took the time to watch @Robert_Petitto video and set it up as instructed just this morning - a MUCH nicer UX! Thank you!

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto One issue/question, I was able to capture sign up date using the edit pencil/form method, but don’t see how we can capture this with the onboarding process in your tutorial. Any ideas, besides adding a date picker??! :grin:

It’s a fatal flaw not to be able to capture sign up date - when Glide team introduces sign-up process, please ensure it is included! @Antonio

1 Like

What I do is use the spreadsheet to do a vlookup() of the email address in the user profile sheet to the email in the “App: Logins” sheet.

The first result should be the user’s first login…not necessarily a “sign up”, but it’s close and doesn’t involve the edit pencil.

1 Like