🆕 Please try the new Glide builder

Quick suggestion, for the future.

Put the two date selectors together/side by side.

7 Likes

So,
I’ve been playing with the new editor all day in and out and I LOVE it,

I think that the glide team did a great job both on the design and process building flow.

I did find one thing that was frustrating and I’m not sure if this is a bug or intended and I’m referring to the “visbility as” which in the old ediotr would show us what th user is seing in terms of tab visibility and now we can see all tabs ans can’t really track what the user really sees.

I really hope this is a bug and not intended as this was very hard today to understand what user see and what not.

I created a short video to demonstarte the point, so hope you all can share if this happens to you as well.

GREAT WORK GLIDE TEAM :clap:t3:

EDITING:

now i’m quite sure this is bug.
I played with moving the tabs to the manue abring back to the tab part and I can’t access the tab anymore unless I take it to the menu area.

2 Likes

This is intended behaviour, but Jason suggested that they may change it.

1 Like

I agree with both of them. It’s a great layout and more intuitive in some ways but now you have to go from left to right on a regular basis or back and forth from the left side to the top. It has made things slower even when you know where things are.

I would like to see the refresh button more prominent. It’s only visible when highlighting the sheets tab at the top, I understand this may have been done to silently prevent more refreshes and save Glide some money but there are moments when I need to see my changes almost immediately from google sheets to glide and I will still use this as often, it’s just in a more annoying place and much smaller.

2 Likes

Same - I have a Pro and I only have 2GB for Images & Files…

very problematic if this is intended and not a bug.

still have the bug part where I can’t access the tabs after moving to the menu part and back

1 Like

I did not find the delete button to remove the component on the right side panel, this is difficult.

Wouldnt one component be even better? Where you choose date only or date + time?

1 Like

Absolutely :+1:

We are working on improving what happens in the builder when tab visibility changes. Right now, we intentionally do not remove the current tab from view when it becomes invisible so that it does not disappear while you are editing it, but this breaks the feedback loop. We should have a better solution in place by Tuesday.

We will also let you select and edit hidden tabs.

Rest assured that tabs are still removed from view when they become invisible in apps.

12 Likes

Hey, I’m not sure if I’m correct here, but I’m missing the “Allow users to delete items” option.
I’m jus starting with glide and found a video (Adding, editing & deleting - Glide Library) which explains this.
But in my app builder, there appears no option “Allow users to delete items”, when I allow users to edit.
grafik

Thanks in advance!
A.H.

Sorry! Problem solved ! Found it this minute!

I’m still being confused with the “disparition” of the title of some of the components.
Being able to double-clic and name is nice, but when we do so, we don’t know any more what component it is

[Edit] On new components, I have both the type of component + the title entered when double cliqued, but not on others …

1 Like

Definitely an upgrade! Few QoL suggestions:

1. Move “Hidden Tabs” to their own section just like Menu. Ideally at the bottom.
  2. Would love the option to hide (and or resize) the left section, specifically while viewing Tables to make room for more columns on the screen.
  3. It would be nice to have the option to reposition each section. Example in the picture below the current setup is 1-2-3. But I would prefer to have 1-3-2. Or Maybe 2-3-1. Or whatever flows best for me.
4 Likes

Love the right click > delete tabs option, but the “Delete” button is same font as tab title —can we make it stand out a bit?
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 10.45.38 PM

3 Likes

Hi David! Thank you for the next update possible to try!
Let me offer to improve little beat this new Builder by adding the same “Is required?” check-box in the new Layout tab, like it was in the old one.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

As I see in your screen shot you have a Text Entry right in your detailed screen. Nowadays “Required” checkbox is available in Edit, Add option and Form button

I little advice - but perhaps not known for most of you are reading this - is right-click on the component in phone mockup opens its settings on right side. I’ve been using it for a long time, and this is helping me a lot, even in this new layout.

5 Likes

Oh, yes, Lucas, thank you.

David, sorry, seems it works ))

1 Like