New Glide Builder Bugs | Tracking Thread

Hello everyone,

In order to keep everything organised as much as possible, I suggest you to write down here all your reported bugs related to the new Glide Builder ONLY. This will help the developers to get all the informations required easily.

Reported bugs :arrow_down:

2 Likes

You may add your issues down below or add them in the wiki :slight_smile:

I have 2 problems, and to make them bad, they happened today when I internally launched the app! I believe they are linked to the New Builder implementation.

1. In some tabsā€™ visibility, I have made that one tab (Onboarding) is visible only when, in the relative row of the signed in email, I have ā€œHas Profileā€ column not empty. That has profile value is incremented by one, and that happens when the name has been filled and the ā€œDoneā€ button has been pressed. When that happens, Onboarding tab disappears and all the other tabs appear. That worked well yesterday, not today; in particular the many users that signed in did not see the onboarding tab but only the first other tab (and nothing else). The rule was not changed, and indeed the ā€œHas profileā€ was not incremented. I incremented manually from Google Sheet, and still no sign of any tab except the first one after Onboarding.
    To solve this, I had to remove the condition for ā€œHas profileā€ is not empty and let all the tabs visible.
  2. I welcomed the fact that emails can be anonymized in the Google sheet, but they were still reported ā€˜not anonymizedā€™ when each user would tap on the profile in the app. However, now the anonymized values are also shown in the Profile in the app. It is a little confusing for the users!
1 Like

The builder will not ā€œkick you outā€ of tabs anymore. Doing so would sometimes make it impossible to get back into those tabs if a visibility condition were set that can never become true.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, however Tab Visibility is no longer working at all in the builder. Itā€™s strange. When a tab should no longer be visible, the tab ICON doesnā€™t appear, but the SCREEN remains.

This is a builder only issue. The published app works as intended as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

This change is going to make it virtually impossible to test onboarding flows (that use tab visibility) in the builder, yeah?

I guess not a huge issue, because the ultimate test is with a device outside the builder.

3 Likes

I see maybe we need to add a way to enable/disable tab eviction.

3 Likes

Actually in my case also new users to the app have the same issue. I honestly did not test on users (like me) that were using the published app already; when I did it, I already removed the conditionā€¦

That would be the best of both worlds :slightly_smiling_face:

Just for now you can tell the tab would evict in the player when the icon goes away in the tab bar. At that point the player would simply select the first tab.

2 Likes

this is super problematic and not only for onboarding but also for all flows and makes it inpossible to design a process flow.

Alos, as mentioned below I see a bug where I canā€™t access any tab after moving it to the menu section and back

in many of my apps I only show one tab at a time based on visibilty and connection to the userā€™s info and now itā€™s virtually imp[ossible to design this process or track it.

@Mark @Jason possibly a tab visibility bug inside Glide Editor

New Layout

Old Layout

2 Likes

Weā€™re thinking on a fix now. Obviously we need to improve this ASAP

2 Likes

Appreciate the response @Jason .

Are you referring to the way it works now or to the bug?
Because the bug is actually preventing me from working now as I canā€™t view any of the tabs I moved to the menu and back

Exactly what I said

1 Like

Oh ok, sorry. But, now itā€™s easy to see what happens

No brother , I was supporting your post not saying I said it first :rofl:ā€¦
The guys said this is intended but didnā€™t really understood the purpose of it like that.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

Do you mean the bug where it accidentally hides the tabs when you drag from menu to tabs section? You can unhide them by clicking the blinky eye thing. It wont hide them in the final version, just a small logic bug.