Oh Sheet! is back again

Oh Sheet! message all the day today. anyone else getting this?

Glide has encountered a problem. If this issue persists, please submit a [bug support ticket]. Make sure to include all information requested including a recording of the issue and a support link to the application.

Glide has encountered an irrecoverable database error and needs to be reloaded.

Help!
All my apps (free as wells as Starter) are now affected of this problem. Support is not available now! What shall I do? Any suggestions?

Is this still happening on your side?

1 Like

@ThinhDinh Thank you for asking, it has been very quiet here! It seems to be a problem with my Google accont. I have checked that Glide has access to my Google Drive and it looks normal (I turned it off and tried again). I have reported the problem to Google. What else can I do?

These sorts of problems are often cause by a dirty cache or stale/corrupt cookies. So my suggestion would be to try clearing your browser cache and deleting all Glide and Google related cookies.

2 Likes

Done, did not help!

Still no solution, the problem is solely related to Glide. AppSheet and other competitors are working fine.

@glide What’s the cause of this error? Glide has encountered an irrecoverable database error and needs to be reloaded.

This is an experimental reply from a bot. Please like it if it’s correct.

This error is usually caused by a data source becoming incompatible with your project. This can happen when columns and data that were tied to components no longer exist in your source and so Glide cannot display them accurately. When you open your project in Glide and click “Reload sheet”, you’ll be able to review the issues. Here you can ‘Remove features & sync’ – which will remove the components tied to those columns. Alternatively, if you remember or can restore the structure of the data exactly – do so and then reload the your data source. Glide should be able to find those columns and sync as normal. Glide • Troubleshooting

I’ve also received errors like this when the user accidentally deleted the Google sheet tied to the app. I doubt this is the case, but worth checking.

2 Likes

I faced this problem with the only app that I connected to Excel. Sometimes it just … disconnects out of nowhere, and in worst cases, even deleted the Excel table from view and converted it to a Glide Table.

1 Like

It is not about one app, all my apps are affected!

Well we’re obviously not getting anywhere, so it would help if you provided some more information, such as screenshots/videos of errors you are seeing, things you have tried, and most importantly, what exactly is not working for you right now. What are you seeing? What’s happening or not happening? Have you tried all of our suggestions, or dismissed them as irrelevant?

Other than the specific error that the original poster mentioned 6 months ago, you haven’t really given us any additional details about YOUR specific issue, so it’s hard to tell if you are having the same problem, or something different altogether. At best, we are just guessing what might be your problem. If you can give us more details, we can find a resolution sooner. I haven’t seen any other similar reports recently, so this would lead me to think that it’s not a Glide issue, and instead it’s a configuration somewhere on your end. Hard to say if it’s something misconfigured on the glide side or the google side, but something is not set right and we need to get a full visual to understand what might be wrong.

2 Likes

@George-Glide has got all details:
I have escalated this issue to our Engineering team. Our team will be diagnosing the issue. We will be in contact as soon as we have an update. Thank you for your patience.
George B
From Support
unquote

Since no solution I have now copied my apps to a new Google Account.

@Glide It has happened again with my new account. I think it happens when I “open app here” several times during a session!

@Darren_Murphy @Jeff_Hager @ThinhDinh @Robert_Petitto where are you? Nobody is responding to this serios problem and I am blocked to add new posts!

I asked you for more details almost three weeks ago. At that time your response was that you provided details to George, without providing anything useful in this community. The rest of us don’t work for Glide, so we don’t know what you have provided to them.

If you want help directly from Glide, you will have to talk to them. If you want help from the community of your peers, then you will have to provide some information here in the forum. We can’t look into your Glide or Google account. We don’t see the support tickets. We don’t know what you are seeing, what’s happening, or what you have tried.

We are all volunteering our personal time to provide free help in the community. If you want help, and a quicker resolution from the community, then you need to help us out by providing information and answering questions when we ask for them. We can’t do anything if we don’t have information.

5 Likes

This is a a common occurrence. If you attempt to open an app from a different tab/computer when it’s already open somewhere else, you’re going to get this message. Just click the blue button and continue building.

@Jeff_Hager Sorry, I thought that the Community worked in collaboration with Glide support.

Grateful if you could prepare a list of information which would be helpful for solving the issue.

@Robert_Petitto I think that I have not explained the width and seriousness of the issue clear enough. The problem is that the Glide account completely stops to synchronize with Google Drive.