Noob question regarding relations

Hello all,

I’m trying to do a very simple relation test using the exact example used in the Glide Youtube tutorial here: Single Relations | Glide Tutorial - YouTube but can’t seem to figure out why the information isn’t appearing from the relation column? I’ve duplicated the first 4 rows so not sure what I’m missing. Here are the screenshots:

I know the layout has changed since 2019 so am assuming I need to add an inline list in the details screen. I do that but then it’s now saying the “staff sheet doesn’t have a relation column”

even though my first screenshot above shows it does. I’m pretty sure the answer is simple but as I’m only in my 3rd week of Glide, still at noob status level so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

It needs to be a multiple relation if you want to use the List Relation or Inline List component. If you want to the use the Relation component, then that only works with a single relation.

1 Like

Thanks @Jeff_Hager ! Yep that worked.

The video confused me as it specifically mentioned “single relations” with their multiple relations video being another video. Anyways, thanks again Jeff. Much appreciated

1 Like