New Glide Builder Bugs | Tracking Thread

@Jason Are you aware of the firebase AccessToken issue and inability to reload anything?

I experienced a troubling issue with the new interface yesterday where deleting a row in the data editor tab also deleted the inline-list component that had been selected in the builder tab.

In the builder tab I was in select mode, clicked on an Inline List, clicked Edit Action to tweak an Add Row action, then clicked Save to leave the Actions page. I then switched to Play mode and clicked on a list item to trigger the action. To check the row that was added, I then switched to the Data tab and scrolled to the bottom. I found the row, checked the box next to it and pressed the Delete key on my keyboard. The row disappeared. I then switched back to the Builder tab and my Inline List was gone.

This inline list had a complex custom action that I then had to recreate again from scratch. Iā€™m now more cautious when deleting rows and created a blank tab to switch to first. This is especially problematic when working with Glide Tables, otherwise I would simply delete in Google Sheets and resync.

Not quite sure if this is a bug with the new builder or not, but Iā€™ve only noticed it since the update. Iā€™ve noticed that if location services are not enabled by a user, a spinning wheel appears on tabs that use a Distance function.

In my app, for instance, a check in button is visible if the user is within a mile of the location, so on these pages the spinning wheel appears if location is not enabled. No wheel on pages without the check in button.
image|281x499

EDIT : resolved

Small display bug for Custom Domain.
I think the black background is missing

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. Background overlay is missing and currently transparent. Experienced on Chrome and Safari browser

1 Like

EDIT 2 : resolved :smiley: Bah
no :frowning:

This morning (UTC + 1) the problem is active again :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

So I donā€™t know if itā€™s an automatic backup or something else ??

Hello,
I know I have fading vision, but hey anyway.

This is for all drop down.

Windows 10, Google Chrome, Dark Mode

Select 2

1 Like

Hi Ian - Are you still experiencing this issue? Iā€™m having similar problems with User Location being almost nonfunctional.
Cheers
Adam

It looks like this issue might be fixed - Iā€™m no longer seeing the spinning wheel

Iā€™m glad to hear.

Iā€™m still experiencing some issues with engaging the user location function.

1. The prompt for the user to accept location tracking doesnā€™t appear;
  2. The user location is found on first clicking if the location button. However, on second click, the location is not zoomed into a closer geo-location. Instead, the geo-location zooms right out to an undefined location.
  3. Upon a third click of the location button, the location disappears altogether and does not returnā€¦
    Super strange and frustratingā€¦

I have experienced the same on the map view in my app actually. Using safari on iOS.

Same hereā€¦

1 Like

@Mark

I finally found the display bug in the editor.
A right click modifies the display of the drop-down menus.

https://streamable.com/v281fi

2 Likes

A while back I suggested that the data source selection be added to the name of the component. I am very glad to see this suggestion has been implemented.

I was so glad that I decided to see it work in action. Here is the listing of components for a page in my app:

With the last two items, the first one seems to work:

But, the second one doesnā€™t seem to have worked:

This happens when you double click to edit the component name but donā€™t change it. Itā€™s very annoying

Data Bug ( @Mark )

Some information, like for Relation, Lookup does not display correctly on first use.