New Columns aren't adding

Is anyone else having a problem where new columns being added to the google spreadsheet simply aren’t appearing in the Glide database? Can any Glide devs illuminate this for me? Is this a bug? Am I missing something obvious?

I actually just tried to put the data into an old column in the sheet that I wasn’t using anymore but that Glide was still recognizing and pulling in. After I did and then reloaded the sheet, that column suddenly disappeared.

???

Ah! Nevermind… new columns (including name changes to old columns) now appear at the end of columns in a database. It used to be that they would take their place as they appear in your google sheet before all of the glide columns. Is this the way it’s going to be from now on?

Yes, Glide now preserves the order of columns. The reason is that we’re introducing the ability to add sheet columns directly from Glide, and it would be weird if those weren’t added at the end.

I hope we’ll let you reorder your columns soon.

1 Like

Reordering would be so helpful for organization and keeping track of what we’re doing.

Also being able to rename Glide Columns (We can already rename sheets columns which is helpful).

And someway to see whether a columns (sheets or Glide column) is being used by a component in the app (and where). Would be so helpful in cleaning an app up without breaking things accidentally.

1 Like

I agree with all of that.