New Choice component feature/functionality

A choice component now gives the option to limit the number of items displayed for the user to choose from…

I am sure the native multi select is on the way. Thank you Glide team. This helps a lot.

4 Likes

Would be a such great!

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think it’s more related to the new feature for inline lists to limit how many items are displayed. Not how many can be selected at once. It’s like a very basic filter.

Imagine if you had 10 items ranked from 1 to 10, but you only want to show and let a user select one of those top three items…you would sort by that rank value, and then only limit to 3 items. Sometimes it’s hard to create a reliable filter if the value you are sorting by is not a simple value. Being able to limit the number of items is actually much simpler than trying to figure out some type of filter.

4 Likes

You are not wrong. You are absolutely right. That is what I actually meant but I also expanded to say that from this point onwards, it will be easier to just add the multi select since you can already do more with the choice component :blush:

1 Like