My app is not updating the source! Pls Help me!

Hello sir,

Just out of curiosity, did you build your app from any of glide’s own templates (employee directory etc) ?

nope. from zero. learning everything by myself because I had an idea and need to help poor people.
thx Wiz.

1 Like

Hi @Alexandre_Caruso just found out about this thread from the other thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your situation right at the best time to help new users. May I ask if it’s important for your users to sign up and login or if it’s only for informational purposes? I ask because there are other Google sheet alternatives that you could maybe use temporarily until this bug is fixed. I’ll say a prayer for you brother!

Thx for your reply. Being honest my last 3 days was full and I was nervous, just because my app shows up in the biggest TV channel of Brazil. Could imagine what´s happen?
Now the situation is under control because I follow some advice of this amazing community.

I’m gonna try to understand what u said. But if I understood, I need login because I need to know the owner of bill. my app connects poor people with who can pay their bill, water, gas or light.

1 Like

Wow, I’m so sorry to hear that. Congratulations BTW of just getting to this point but yes, I can only imagine how you feel AND you’re trying to help people as well! Well, I mentioned them in the other thread but what I think I’m going to do is still use Glide as front end based on a Google sheet but also have one of their competitors, Appsheet, as a backup front end solution also tied to same GS, should Glide have another bug. The challenge is regarding login and I’m in the same boat where I want the user to login and this is what’s great about Glide’s public email option. Appsheet doesn’t have that but one workaround I was thinking is to have, maybe not a required login, but a form to capture their email if they choose to give it. I don’t know how easy this will be to configure but your situation is my biggest fear now. Oh and I would try to make both front ends look almost identical so that a user wouldn’t feel so surprised if the layout was a little different. Good luck and happy to hear your situation is under control now

Hi @Alexandre_Caruso on a happier note, not sure if you were looking for funding but your app just reminded me of this company, Propel, that raised millions in VC funding from Andreesen Horowitz, the same firm who funded Facebook, Twitter and Lift as an example. They work with lower income families who are on food stamps (a public food benefit for lower income families in US)

I happen to know the analytics company who’s helping them so when you feel the time is right, let me know and I can always make an introduction when you have proven traction. Here’s the specific company website: https://www.joinpropel.com/

@Mark - this issue here is identical as the one I was facing.
Please see if the team can help here as it was only possible to be resolved by manual intervention by your team.

Thanks

2 Likes

@Siddarth_Jain Please share a support link.

@Alexandre_Caruso can you share your support link with Marc. He can help identify the issue and resolve it…
thanks

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.