Lookup: am I doing this wrong?

I’m trying to get my list to lookup and present colors based on a specific answers - yes and no, primarily.

I have my answers here:

I’ve created a relation to another sheet here:

The relation exists and works fine. I then created a Lookup that found the images:

But when I go into my list and choose the Lookup for the images, it isn’t displaying them correctly (NOTE: Allowed 1-4 are the same as PSP, EMT, AEMT and EMT-P, in that order. I just changed the names so that I could create the array)

What am I doing wrong??? I’ve been wracking my brains for the last few hours and it’s starting to ruin my day!! PLEASE HELP!!

So you’re making a relation on an array column?

I am, only because I need the relation to pull data from 4 separate columns. I could 100% be doing it the hard way though :man_shrugging:

What if you make 4 relations for 4 separate columns? Does it help you achieve the outcome?

1 Like

I’ll give that a shot in a bit

1 Like

I’ve attempted this multiple ways now: multiple relations using arrays, multiple single relations, nothing works. My head is gonna explode!

1 Like

I recognise that feeling! Have spent hours today tackling an issue I have tackled before and cant reproduce!

1 Like

How are you setting up? Can we have some screenshots?

I imagine it will be something like:

Relation: Alllowed 1 (1st screenshot) to Allowed 1 (second screenshot) then Lookup: Get the image column back.

Then do the same for the other 3 columns.

Sorry - the holiday (and my time) got away from me:

Here’s the sheet that contains the “answers” (yes, no, other):

And this is the sheet that has the colors embedded for the lookup to pull from:

I created the relation in the “Answers” sheet and it looks like this:

So, like you suggested @ThinhDinh, I removed the array so that I could work on one column at a time to troubleshoot the issue and that’s what I screen capped here. One thing I noticed was that it’s actually pulling the colors appropriately but I need it to show just the 4 tiles that are associated with PSP, EMT, AEMT and EMT-P. This probably seems confusing, because it’s confusing me. Would you be willing to help me out 1-1 with this??