It seems that glideapp is not as smooth as before in the build part

It seems that glideapp is not as smooth as before in the build part

Please be more specific about the behaviour you are experiencing, or attach a video.

1. when adding a column it returns to the beginning of the row or is not displayed.
  2. When adding sheet it doesn’t show or go back to the first sheet

this is difficult to manipulate or affect the data

3 Likes

@SantiagoPerez please see this case, I think this has been reported in recent days.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s becoming very complicated to work with glide for some weeks now

2 Likes

Reported here already. It is a growing issue. But I think the guys are on it.

4 Likes

Just trying to get a consensus please, in case there is something wrong with my setup, since I am having a poor experience building apps with the GDE at the moment. Most of this has been mentioned before but not so much recently:

• Flickering a lot
  • Jumping to (random) places after adding a column
  • Similar behaviour even after editing a column
  • Slow / stuttering navigation
  • Tables not remembering their position (in left-hand column)
  • Very tricky to pick a field when using the “/” separator (keeps disappearing)

Are others experiencing some or all of these? My build process has become frustrating where it used to be super slick and smooth.

5 Likes

managing filters and visibility conditions as well… click and not selected then assigned to not empty … also configuration panel transfers to parent tab or other component confusing things… In one case a column i created disappeared when I created a second column in the same group.

Yes, very often happens to me too. I guess, it just updates internally, and if the context menu was open at this time - it closes.

1 Like

Yeah…the same is true with selecting a column from user profile ”folder”/submenu. If you don’t approach it SLOWLY, the column selection menu closes.

5 Likes

I generally don’t bother with that anymore. I just make sure that I name my columns such that I can easily filter them to a single list with just a few keystrokes. So I no longer really care about the flyout menu behaviour - I just avoid it completely.

5 Likes

The same with me. Some of the things mentioned above, I also experienced a lot but I normally dont focus on them too much rather I focus on the final result. Yes it can be annoying but I know that these things are happening because there is something greater being cooked by the Glide team so we just have to be patient with them.
Even coders would tell you that they don’t always have it smooth with Visual Studio or Sublime or any other text editor when they are busy writing code.

Yes, it’s not smooth sailing but rather a rough ride now to get to a more smoother and robust platform with better features than a stagnant smooth platform…

1 Like

Sorry, we’re making many changes to the builder right now as we prepare a huge new feature. We should release it in a week or two, and then attend to these issues.

10 Likes

:pray: Probably not huge for you, but can be for many of us: a Native multi-select component :pray:

2 Likes

Please tell me it’s component grouping :pray:t3::grin:

5 Likes

Appreciated @david

Unfortunately, the search filter is not available for Add Row and Set Column Values. So you have to scan through hundreds of fields to find what you want to fill during action run.

You know what would go great with a new desktop mode… Force lower case email on sign in :wink:

1 Like

oh?

And if using a custom action…

2 Likes

I am talking about search among destination fields not values:

And it’s not sorted by alphabet or groups.
Some of my developed tables have 100+ columns, and it’s a real pain to find desired columns.

2 Likes