đź’ˇ Glide tips & tricks: Build apps more efficiently

:wave: Hey all,

Just finished recording this video last night about all of the new ways you can search and navigate your content while building a Glide app. Some of these tips and tricks will save you hours.

:popcorn: Enjoy!

21 Likes

@Robert_Petitto thank you!

1 Like

Thank you @Robert

1 Like

nice trick: the combination of searches.

Looking forward to grouped columns.

Couldn’t help noticing the cursor jumping out of the column search in the GDE. Do you get that much? I get it all the time… annoying, eh?

2 Likes

Yeah…saw it happen as I was recording and tried to do my best to ignore it :confused:

1 Like

Yes it annoys me a lot.

2 Likes

I have experienced this a lot such that I stopped using the search column function. What I have resorted to do now is to type the first 2 letters and then wait a bit for the columns to be filtered out…

I then continue to type after 2/3 seconds after that and it works. I was not sure if it’s a bug or not but if all of you “wizards” are also experiencing it, then it is a big and must be reported, I think…
@Mark or @Jason can you please look into it and apologies if it’s been reported already.

I’ve reported it before, although I don’t think it has its own bug topic.

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

Although I must say I also wrote over some data when this happened to me and as you know there is no “undo” button in the editor :scream:…

1 Like

Looking into it

3 Likes

If you fix this one, my swear jar is going to suffer…

3 Likes

Great video, Bob!

1 Like

Thanks!

Great Bob, as always. If you consider that I have seen all your videos, you can consider me an ardent fan. :wink:

1 Like

Great. thanks.

Thanks for the kind words!

1 Like