Is there a way to let businesses share their profile to the public?

:pensive: none of them are working. First pic is email, second pic is sms

That’s where it really depends. A url shortening service is going to take that url and give you a shortened version of it, but it’s a bit of work to get something like that set up. There are a handful of posts in the forum where people have achieved it with some third party tools or scripting. The a href tag that we’ve been talking about here is just an html link. It’s the same as many links that you see on other websites, where the url is hidden by a friendly word or sentence. It doesn’t change the underlying url. It just makes it nicer to look at.

www.google.com
and
Jeff thinks Google Rocks!
are both clickable links pointing to the same www.google.com url, but one just looks cooler.

The problem is that not everything will render html. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it will not. In some cases, email clients and social media sites will take a url by itself and render it into a nice looking version, but that depends on a lot of things. There’s no guarantee that every email client, sms client, social media, or anything else will render just the url into a friendly version or will allow you to feed it html code. The only guarantee to have a short url is to run glide’s deep links through a third party url shortening service.

Here is a random selection of topics that discuss url shortening.

2 Likes

I noticed one of those links there (in row 12) is a builder link, make sure you fix that before going live with the feature.

2 Likes

Well spotted! :mag: :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Thank Jeff, So it seems like there just isn’t a way to do what I’m looking for internally then? So I’ll probably end up doing it through bit.ly or short.io. or zapier

Is it still a problem with glide that you can’t do it, though, if the content is on glide tables instead of sheets?

While doing this with a google sheet would probably be easier, since you could probably have integromat or zapier handle the process, I think it might still be possible with glide tables. I honestly haven’t done any url shortening myself, so I can’t advise on an exact procedure. According to this thread below, it seems like it could be possible within Glide. Might be worth asking in some of those other threads to see if the people that have done it can answer your questions.

This did work in my case.

2 Likes