🆕 Deep Links

Viewing a detail screen will now update the current URL, which is now available as a value called Link to current screen:

Copy this link to clipboard, send it to Zapier, or use the Share action to let your users easily share items in your app any way they’d like.

Note: Your sheet needs a Row ID column (or just use a Glide Table!) for deep links to work.

46 Likes

Best day ever. 3 game-changing feature releases on the same day!!!

12 Likes

Loved it!
have any possibility of putting this in link to the screen? to navigate between inlines created in the app :smiley:
Herelink to screen

5 Likes

OMG!

That’s HUGE!

4 Likes

Awesome! But the URL is tooooooooo long.
So users can’t share it easily anyway.

1 Like

Can you say why users cannot share a long link?

1 Like

Big day, almost all my apps are online stores or catalogs. You can now share a particular product with a customer.
Thank you GLIDE team.

We short URL because links are too long for sharing.
Glide links look like this https://app.domain.com/dl/ewAiAHQAIgA6ADEAMQAsACIAcwAiADoAIgBjAGwAYQBzAHMALQBNAGEAZABlACAAaQBuACAAQgBlAG4AaQBuACIALAAiAHIAIgA6ACIAZgA0ADYAZgBVAFEAYgAyAFEATABxAFgATQBVAEkASwBqAEcAVABhAGoAZwAiACwAIgBuACIAOgAiAEEAZwBpAG4AYQBwACAALQAgAFAAbABhAHQAZQBmAG8AcgBtAGUAIABkACcAYQB1AHQAbwBtAGEAdABpAHMAYQB0AGkAbwBuACAAZABlACAAYgB1AHMAaQBuAGUAcwBzACIAfQA%3D

Too long

1 Like

@david in the future will the links will be able to redirect to the installed apps in the phone?

3 Likes

Just try to share on WhatsApp and only https://app.domain.com/dl/ is clickable.

And title comes from Glide in WhatsApp

1 Like

Brice, I still don’t understand how a link is ‘too long for sharing’. Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, iMessage — all of the places you might share a link, never show the link anyway.

We would prefer to make them shorter, but I don’t understand how this prevents someone from sharing them.

4 Likes

Great features ! Awesome. Bravo !

However, is it possible to keep the custom domain link instead of glideapps.io link ??

2 Likes

It shares whatever your current URL is, so, if the user is on your app using a custom domain, it shares that URL.

2 Likes

Can always use quickcharts to turn it into a QR code:

9 Likes

How would you share a QR code from inside your app using share button?

As an image?

Images are shared as links right? Is there a way to directly share the image from inside Glide?

1 Like

Hi :wave: @Brice just saying as a work around maybe, just maybe, use the Zapier shortener? Perhaps thats a work around for you?

Not tried it myself so can’t provide any further information.

4 Likes

Hmm good point

1 Like